Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
12 years 8 months ago #34533 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re: Pets
I know I'm probably going to spell this wrong but here goes - she's a cross between a sinaloan and nelson milksnake. I wasn't sure if I was ready for a reptile at first but when I saw her for the first time I just fell in love and, except for a few escapes I haven't regretted a moment of our two and a half years together. :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34539 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
Had to google the species, but both look completely the same to me. :huh:
Only figured out that your snake is an albino. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34548 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Pets
Does anyone here know much about quail breeds?

We're finally getting into motion our plan to own chickens..We were thinking of owning two large hens and maybe 2-4 quails as well..

I was wondering what kind of breeds people would recommend for egg laying purposes?

More
12 years 8 months ago #34552 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
Envy wrote:

Does anyone here know much about quail breeds?

We're finally getting into motion our plan to own chickens..We were thinking of owning two large hens and maybe 2-4 quails as well..

I was wondering what kind of breeds people would recommend for egg laying purposes?

I've heard that the Japanese quail is good for eggs, but on the whole I've heard that quails are quite hard to keep in comparison to normal chicken, becasue they often have problems laying eggs and it's hard to breed them in captivity...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34555 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Pets
black_magnolia wrote:

I've heard that the Japanese quail is good for eggs, but on the whole I've heard that quails are quite hard to keep in comparison to normal chicken, becasue they often have problems laying eggs and it's hard to breed them in captivity...

Ah. I haven't heard that.

There is actually an experienced Japanese quail breeder not too far from where I live. We planned on buying from him once we had everything set up, and I guess I could contact him to ask about things like this. I just wasn't sure if a Japanese quail was right for us.

Hm..

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #36095 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re: Pets
After waiting for 8 months, we finally got a new dog :kiss:

He is 8 weeks old
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Madam_Mim.

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds