Show Navigation Menu

Tattoos, piercings, body art...

More
11 years 11 months ago #38180 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

I thought this was a very interesting read: seppukutattoo.blogspot.com/2012/02/lette...r-lettering-and.html :)

Veeery interesting.

Thanks. :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #39696 by black_magnolia
Got myself an early b-day gift. :blush:
It was all done in one sitting, 6 hours of tattooing in total and was quite painful by the end...
The black&grey pic is before the coloring was added so that you can see all the dotwork, which is becoming more visible now as the tattoo is healing and the color is setting in.
I had a huge number of moths in my room during summer, and only in my part of the house, so went to research moth symbolism and was surprised how well it fit me... I was looking to get something \"smallish\" (those moths can be 15cm in real life, so mine is pretty much life sized) on the opposite side of my spider, so here it is... :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
10 years 3 months ago #39697 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Ooh pretty. I love moths.

I got my first tattoo done about a month back - I've been waiting three years for the right moment to get it and I'm so happy I finally got it done!

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...
Attachments:

More
10 years 3 months ago #39699 by cemwerewolf
Those both look fabulous! I'm so looking forward to getting my next tattoo. Just a little over two weeks now!

More
10 years 3 months ago #39704 by black_magnolia
Thanks, girls! :)

Lovely tattoo, iHauntTheSepulchre! I love Ancient Egypt! What do the hieroglyphs mean/stand for?

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
10 years 3 months ago #39708 by iHauntTheSepulchre
The hieroglyphs in the cartouche are the jackal's name; Rha. Do not confuse this with the falcon-headed god Ra. My little jackal is something different entirely. :)

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds