Show Navigation Menu

Tattoos, piercings, body art...

More
12 years 2 months ago #37406 by iHauntTheSepulchre
That's a pretty good idea, I really like it.

I've finally finished designing my tattoo and now I just need to go out and get some quotes.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #37411 by Envy
^.^ I love that idea Cerberus!

I'm currently debating what to do with my back.. So many options and ideas..But I only have one back.. :woohoo:

More
12 years 5 days ago #38040 by black_magnolia
Finally got my first tattoo yesterday. :) It's on my right/side/stomach area (dunno how to explain it better). :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Attachments:

More
12 years 5 days ago #38043 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Oh wow that looks so cool! I'm not a huge fan of spiders but I must admit it looks kinda cute!

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
12 years 5 days ago - 12 years 5 days ago #38047 by firensia
Nice spider! Is there any meaning behind it or was it just an image that you liked?

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori
Last edit: 12 years 5 days ago by firensia.

More
12 years 5 days ago - 10 years 9 months ago #38048 by black_magnolia
Thanks, girls! :) Well, the spider does have an interesting story behind it, but getting it was kinda spontaneous (rather then saying fated).

My artist announced on facebook they'd have a special for Friday 13th: 13 designs, you could choose colour and placement, but couldn't change the design, for a symbolic price of 350 HRK (that's like 60 USD/40GBP), no need to make an appointment, just turn up there. :silly: In the end I was the only one who turned up. Kinda unlucky for the studio, but I'm not complaining, I have my tattoo. :)

The design just spoke to me, and the whole unlucky Friday 13th theme just made it *click* in my head, with the bad times I had to live through and which I feel are now over and needed to be marked as and end, a new beginning...

I love spiders, and consider them lucky animals for me, some meanings tied to that symbol are: cunning, female, rebirth, death, creation, protection, fate, infinity, evolution, etc.
Although I don't find the number 13 unlucky, it does have this bad stigma tied to it as being unlucky, and when I count up all the bad things I went through, I get 13 bad things which left their mark on me. I thought how to commemorate something like this, but I never wanted to devote a lot of my skin to such bad things, I already spent a lot of my energy going through it all, no more.
Think it's befitting that my lucky animal should symbolically carry this bad stuff from now on. I have to move on, but I won't forget.

And on top of it all, when I was sitting in my room yesterday after the tattoo session, I had a little spider crawl down on some silk from the ceiling onto me, so I think I didn't make a mistake at all with the design choice. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by black_magnolia.

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds