Show Navigation Menu

Tattoos, piercings, body art...

More
12 years 10 months ago #33692 by black_magnolia
Venom, I'd recommend getting an appointment when you find a piercer that you like (if you didn't have one in case of your tongue piercing).

I know a lot of people generally just walk-in for a piercing.
This (getting an appointment) may sound strange for some, but is really quite logical. A piercing may take just a few seconds for you, but the piercer has to clean up before & after you, prepare the instruments etc. Appointments mean that a piercer knows how much work they have for the day, how they can organize it and if they can take that walk-in customers or not.

Not to sound like I'm anything better. I also jut walked-in for my piercings. First time I was there the piercer simply told me that she had some appointments right then and that she only has time to show me the jewellery before her next appointment arrives, so I can come back in 2 hours or make an appointment.
I was living just 50m from the studio then so I just said I'll walk in another time and see if I was lucky. :silly: Once I had to wait like 15 minutes, next time it was my turn right away.

I wrote this more as an example how it's also good to just scout out a piercing or tattoo studio. See how clean it is, how the staff is \"breathing\" etc. My piercer was always calm and friendly, never in a rush and she could say 'no' to a customer.

Btw. Venom, I can understand this about your father. My dad was very against me having just my ear-lobes pierced. Now he doesn't really pay too much attention to my ears because I wear very low-key jewellery when I'm at home and he can see me.
I think the only reason why he didn't throw me out of the house (as he threatened) when he first saw me with them, was becasue it was around the 1st anniversary of my grandmother's death so he was to sad to react to anything... My sister is still hiding her tattoo from him, though.

Don't know why it's almost always the fathers who make such a big fuss for such things. :S

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33693 by Venom84
Thanks for your reply,i will def be looking around after my last experience...
My father is still unaware of my sisters tattoo.. :P
Me on the other hand,he used me and made me a public display,he made me look so stupid infront of everyone,even people we did not know..
I have no doubts he would rip a piercing from my face...
Fathers-funny things they are... :P

I'm going to live my life the best i can and how i want to, and if no one likes it i don't care..Lifes too short..xx

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #33697 by Morgana
Venom84 wrote:

The woman did it too far back and my tongue had swollen up that much,i couldn't breathe..
Had to get pliers to dig the bar out of my tongue and hold it up and use another pair of pliers to get the ball off...wont be having that done again..lol...

Wanted to know the healing time as,while i may be married and not live at home,i would have to remove it around my father or he would rip it out...x

Ack! I'm cringing just thinking about that... I can't imagine getting another piercing after going through something like that. But hopefully your next one will turn out better.

Sad that you'd still have to hide it from your father. You're obviously a grown woman, and he should be able to respect your choices. Or at least \"agree to disagree\" with you, and leave it at that.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Morgana.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33699 by Venom84
Morgana,
tell me about it,i suppose it makes me weak as i cant stand upto him...
I'm sure one day after i get it done,i will forget and when he see's it he will go fruit loop..x

I'm going to live my life the best i can and how i want to, and if no one likes it i don't care..Lifes too short..xx

More
12 years 9 months ago #33983 by black_magnolia
Found this article kinda interesting becasue the woman is supposedly a trained lawyer who is working now as a tattoo artist: www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/35082...back-with-tatts.html

Well, I was never a fan of such extreme ear stretching or implants, but the woman sure has courage. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 9 months ago #33987 by Envy
Ahh I've heard about her before - But didn't know she was a trained lawyer! :ohmy:

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds