Show Navigation Menu

Tattoos, piercings, body art...

More
12 years 9 months ago #33677 by Envy
Venom84 wrote:

considering getting another tat...would like to get a piercing,but had a bad experience with my tongue...
Was thinking my lip..Anyone have any idea how long it will take to heal?...xx

Curious now. What happened with your tongue? :pinch:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #33681 by Venom84
The woman did it too far back and my tongue had swollen up that much,i couldn't breathe..
Had to get pliers to dig the bar out of my tongue and hold it up and use another pair of pliers to get the ball off...wont be having that done again..lol...

Wanted to know the healing time as,while i may be married and not live at home,i would have to remove it around my father or he would rip it out...x

I'm going to live my life the best i can and how i want to, and if no one likes it i don't care..Lifes too short..xx

More
12 years 9 months ago #33682 by Envy
Venom84 wrote:

The woman did it too far back and my tongue had swollen up that much,i couldn't breathe..
Had to get pliers to dig the bar out of my tongue and hold it up and use another pair of pliers to get the ball off...wont be having that done again..lol...

Wanted to know the healing time as,while i may be married and not live at home,i would have to remove it around my father or he would rip it out...x

Hm. But your father would still see the hole where the piercing was, wouldn't he? :blink:

Ouuch..So have you never put anything back in your tongue and just let the hole heal up? (Would a hole in your tongue ever really heal up? :ohmy: )

More
12 years 9 months ago #33683 by black_magnolia
@ Venom84: OMG! That is really bad! I'm sorry for you. :(

Examples like these make me just want to stress out more the importance of getting pierced by a professional. There are really a lot of disgusting (& dangerous) things that can happen to your body, and a professional will know not only how to pierce you, but will also explain to you the proper after-care, what to look out for, which jewellery to use etc.

Gosh, \"kids\" :P, don't buy those cheep piercings in some gift-shops etc., go to a piercing studio which stocks quality items. I saw a ton of pictures of complications due to cheep jewellery. :S

And I won't even begin about those so called piercing \"guns\" - don't let anyone come near you with that evil thing. I have friends that got pierced with those \"guns\" and rarely did it turn out without complications...

Sorry for the little rant :blush: Just be informed before you do any modifications on your body.

@ Envy: Tongue piercings can heal up pretty fast if you take out the jewellery. Pretty much like any other piercing, when you take out the jewellery and leave it without for some time it will heal up.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 9 months ago #33685 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

@ Envy: Tongue piercings can heal up pretty fast if you take out the jewellery. Pretty much like any other piercing, when you take out the jewellery and leave it without for some time it will heal up.

Ah..I was just curious, because my mother had her ears pierced when she was younger but the holes have since closed up and they look really strange now. It's like there's a patch of skin that's grown over where there used to be a piercing, so it's really obvious her ears used to be pierced and I wouldn't consider that 'healing up properly' (which is what I meant by 'Would a hole in your tongue ever really heal up?')..

I would've said that maybe a little scar or something = 'healing up properly', so I was wondering if tongue piercings healed strangely or not. :woohoo: Then again, maybe it's just my mother who heals strangely and everyone else just gets left with little, barely noticible scars if piercing holes close up - I don't know.

More
12 years 9 months ago #33691 by Venom84
Hey,she was supposed to be professional,all the papers n cirts ect...She seemed to be in a rush when i went in....No excuse really...

My tongue is fine,there are no indictions that it has ever been pierced..I dont think he would pay too much attention to it,but if he saw a stud or ring,then that would attract his attention..

The reason for wanting to remove it(facial piercing) around my dad is for my safety really,as i put in the above post,i dont live at home and am married,but he still has a hold on me even now..Sad really i know but i would rather be safe than sorry...I have not had the best life with my dad,and until he moves to another country or moves on i can never be free...

But at the same time i want a life...

I just need to have a look for someone to do any piercings,i will def not be going back to who messed my tongue up...

I'm going to live my life the best i can and how i want to, and if no one likes it i don't care..Lifes too short..xx

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds