Show Navigation Menu

Tattoos, piercings, body art...

More
12 years 10 months ago #33582 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

I agree with the poorly done tattoos though - That's a reason I'd be reluctant to get one that isn't a relatively clean and simple black design (tends to be some coloured tattoos that don't come out so well from what I've seen)..Though I have seen even plain black designs go badly. Some end up looking like a design's just been drawn on with a pen or something..

I'd recommend just doing some research before you pick an artist, don't just walk into the first tattoo parlour you see on the street. :P

Every artist has their specialities. Some are brilliant with colour tattoos, some prefer black&white etc. Generally speaking, a good artist will be able to ink any design, but if you're out for something more custom, then it's better to take in account what the artist is really good with...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33593 by Envy
Bah..Really annoyed. I remember seeing pictures of someone online who had some really nice doll-joint tattoos done a long time ago - But I can't find the pictures again!

I did, however, come across an interesting doll-fetish forum which had a *lot* of body-mod talk..

Oh - Just remembered! I noticed some places selling 'tattoo pens' now - Are these new? I've never seen them before.

At first I thought it was a bit of a strange idea, but actually - It'd be pretty good just to try out designs before committing to having some artwork done on you - Although I guess you couldn't really try out anything complex from the looks of the pens. They look like felt-tips, so I'm guessing there's not much leeway for shading or anything like that. :P

I've known countless people try drawing designs on themselves in eyeliner (some people I've known have drawn designs on themselves in eyeliner every day since the early teens, until they were old enough to have parents' permission to have a tattoo done/until they got parents used to the eyeliner design and then got a tattoo done secretly), so I can sort of see the selling point..

Have any of you tried using tattoo pens? What do you think of them?

More
12 years 10 months ago #33600 by black_magnolia
Tattoo pens... I wasn't really aware of them before you brought them up. I never tried them out and I don't really believe in them, so to say. No idea how new they are on the market, either.

I think, if you want to see how something simple will look on you, then you can also use a normal black waterproof marker or eye-liner (basically whatever - no need to pay extra for a special tattoo pen) and if you want an elaborate design - then I don't really see a lot of sense putting a lot of time and effort into something that you'll just wash away (naturally, speaking of normal people and normal usage, not for film, theatre etc. where it can be useful)

And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33605 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Tattoo pens... I wasn't really aware of them before you brought them up. I never tried them out and I don't really believe in them, so to say. No idea how new they are on the market, either.

I think, if you want to see how something simple will look on you, then you can also use a normal black waterproof marker or eye-liner (basically whatever - no need to pay extra for a special tattoo pen) and if you want an elaborate design - then I don't really see a lot of sense putting a lot of time and effort into something that you'll just wash away (naturally, speaking of normal people and normal usage, not for film, theatre etc. where it can be useful)

Hmm well from the looks of the sites selling them, you have to remove the pen stuff with make-up remover etc., so they won't just disappear with a water wash..

I wouldn't know. Tempted to buy one to play with and see what they're like (oh, curiosity), but I'm rather strapped for cash..:P

More
12 years 10 months ago #33668 by Venom84
considering getting another tat...would like to get a piercing,but had a bad experience with my tongue...
Was thinking my lip..Anyone have any idea how long it will take to heal?...xx

I'm going to live my life the best i can and how i want to, and if no one likes it i don't care..Lifes too short..xx

More
12 years 10 months ago #33672 by black_magnolia
Venom84 wrote:

would like to get a piercing,but had a bad experience with my tongue...
Was thinking my lip..Anyone have any idea how long it will take to heal?...xx

Between 6 to 8 weeks.

Generally with piercings - they heel from the surface to the inside, so from the outside they may look like they've already healed up, but that can be very misleading.

And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds