Show Navigation Menu

Tattoos, piercings, body art...

More
13 years 2 months ago #31075 by devinlucane
Do you have any? yes How many? one for right On which part of your body? upper right arm What do the tattoos represent, it is a dragon with a shield and a sword warp around each other why you get them?the reason why i got it is because one i like dragons and two protection Do you regret any?no
Do you want to get a tattoo but don't have one yet (or piercing etc.)? i have one priecing and that is my left ear. Do you have already something in mind? the next tattoo i have in mind is on my left upper arm where it is a dragon wraped around sword and priecing through the element of fire because it represent the chaos that i had over in my life.
Are you familiar with brandings?yes i am Do you have those? no

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31338 by firensia
Do you have any? Nope
Do you want to get a tattoo but don't have one yet (or piercing etc.)? Would love to get a tattoo on my back
Do you have already something in mind? Would probably get the name or logo of my favorite band tattooed
Are you familiar with brandings? Yes Do you have those? No, I think they're barbaric and would probably hurt a lot.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 10 months ago #33532 by black_magnolia
firensia wrote:

Are you familiar with brandings? Yes Do you have those? No, I think they're barbaric and would probably hurt a lot.

Wonder how I didn't comment on this earlier. :silly:

My piercer told me that in fact doing a branding/scar hurts less then a tattoo. I figure she knows when she has both and she isn't the type that tells you that \"it doesn't hurt at all\" and all that nonsense.

Personally, the problem I have with scarification is that I can't really stomach watching the process. Somehow watching an other person bleed makes me feel nauseous. I'm not put off by a bit of blood, but some scar designs, well people, bleed a lot... :huh: Ok, that is more the reason I can't see myself getting one.

On other people I like them, but only if it's really obvious the scaring was intentional and has some artistic quality. I saw some brandings on the net which look more like someone butchered the person not that it's art. :S

But the reason I came to this topic is becasue I heard on the radio how some Dutch girl tattooed the profile photos of all her facebook friends on her arm. I think some 10 of my FB friends reposted that piece of news :silly: Here's an article: news.yahoo.com/s/digitaltrends/20110607/...llherfacebookfriends

I can't really understand why that news is something big. People all around the world are getting 'weird' tattoo designs. I heard of worse. :pinch:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33548 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

But the reason I came to this topic is becasue I heard on the radio how some Dutch girl tattooed the profile photos of all her facebook friends on her arm. I think some 10 of my FB friends reposted that piece of news :silly: Here's an article: news.yahoo.com/s/digitaltrends/20110607/...llherfacebookfriends

I can't really understand why that news is something big. People all around the world are getting 'weird' tattoo designs. I heard of worse. :pinch:

:P Hm. I don't have an issue with scarring, but personally if I were to have anything done, it'd be tattooed on, just because I think ink is a bit more aesthetically pleasing/obvious.

That social tattoo idea is just..Argh. Just looking at my FB friends' profile pictures - It'd be a bad idea. Friends of mine tend to stick up stupid photos!

And - Curious now that you've said you've heard of worse. :silly:

More
12 years 10 months ago #33552 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

And - Curious now that you've said you've heard of worse. :silly:

haha :P

I took \"worse\" in the broadest sense and unfortunately, I also *saw* worse. Example neo-nazis and their swastikas, or here Ustaša symbols etc... I can't really stand those tattoos.

I can somehow understand the tattoo artists who agree to ink such tattoos. I can imagine that in their line of work they surely had other customers who wanted some design tattooed which they thought wasn't good in some way, but they did it anyway becasue the customer insisted and they have to live from something...

Therefore, a facebook tattoo will just make me blink once or rise an eyebrow, while with the others mentioned I'm pretty much disgusted with.

The technically/artistically badly executed tattoos that I see, make me just sorry for the people who walk around with those, but if they wanted to, they could always get a cover-up done by a decent artist...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #33577 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

I took \"worse\" in the broadest sense and unfortunately, I also *saw* worse. Example neo-nazis and their swastikas, or here Ustaša symbols etc... I can't really stand those tattoos.

I can somehow understand the tattoo artists who agree to ink such tattoos. I can imagine that in their line of work they surely had other customers who wanted some design tattooed which they thought wasn't good in some way, but they did it anyway becasue the customer insisted and they have to live from something...

Therefore, a facebook tattoo will just make me blink once or rise an eyebrow, while with the others mentioned I'm pretty much disgusted with.

The technically/artistically badly executed tattoos that I see, make me just sorry for the people who walk around with those, but if they wanted to, they could always get a cover-up done by a decent artist...

Ahh right..Didn't think people would ever get such tattoos..

I agree with the poorly done tattoos though - That's a reason I'd be reluctant to get one that isn't a relatively clean and simple black design (tends to be some coloured tattoos that don't come out so well from what I've seen)..Though I have seen even plain black designs go badly. Some end up looking like a design's just been drawn on with a pen or something..
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Envy.

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds