Show Navigation Menu

Tattoos, piercings, body art...

More
13 years 3 months ago #28603 by REAPER616
i have 3 piercings, 2 on my left ear and a pierced eyebrow, i currently have 5 tattoos, 4 on my right arm, 1 on my belly.. getting another one next month and a full sleeve around mid year time, my girlfriend has 12 tattoos so i need some catching up :lol:

Every body is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #28615 by Morgana
REAPER616 wrote:

thanks for replying guys...
i know there's nothing in my contract saying i cant wear any kind of body jewellery, i also know someone in the company in another town who has a mohican and he hasen't had any problems with his bosses, you see my line managers boss is ex military and likes everything done in a military way and fashion.
i'll speak to my union rep; thanks again :)

If you're in a union, then talking to your rep is probably your best bet. I'm sure they can tell you exactly what is, and is not, allowed. If the piercing is against company policy, then they should have told you that when you interviewed for the job. If it's just personal preference of your boss's boss, then you may have some leeway.

I worked as a cashier in a grocery store in the early 90s, and I got told off for wearing black nail polish. My supervisor said it made my hands look dirty and that the customers might be upset by that. Now I see cashiers in grocery stores with piercings, tats, all colours of nail polish... how times do change!

More
13 years 3 months ago #28651 by King Pete
at times, the extent they go to banning tattoos/ piercings in work places is stupid. theres a call centre local to me where you can't have pierings or tattoos. What's the point, as nobody is going to see them through the phone

More
13 years 3 months ago #28930 by Verminaard Draconis
For some compagnies, piercing and body art can be dangerous to you because it can affcet you. For example in an hospital with all the desaeses and micro-organism, it can harm you bad!!! I know it because I'm studying right now in (Hygiene and salubrity in hospital) so for me if you have a tatto, it must be hide from the eyes of the companie. Also, if you have some tattoo and you are working in public, for god sake you must hide it because you can give an heart attack to an old lady!! These are only two reason that you must hide your tattoo. Btu there are more reason to it that you must find yourself!

From the death came the Living and after a perfection of that solution came the glory!!

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #29283 by Darkone
I have a love for skin art and piercing. I currently have only 4 piercings the tongue, lip, left ear, and right eyebrow, But I have about 8 tattoos. I say \"about\" because two of them are composites. I designed or co-designed each one of them making the experience more enjoyable. I have also had the pleasure of designing roughly around 90 pieces that have been permanently inked into the flesh of many individuals. I have also had the privilege of personally inking about a few of my own designs starting with creating the design,and building the gun, and ending with that final wipe of the rag to take the excess ink and blood off of my finished product. Giving is about as nice as receiving. But I will say that I have kept all of my tats to where they can easily be hidden from the view of others, just in case I need to look \"respectable\". Which isn't often. I believe in free expression and being oneself. So anyone judging me because of my piercings or tattoos are no good in my books.

In the night the darkness falls, yet we should fear not the night. Nay, we must fear the dark. For within the dark the stranger things lie in wait. The darker things. The dark ones.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Darkone.

More
13 years 2 months ago #29321 by King Pete
i have a new idea for tattoo's now. I have my hair in a hohawk, and want a couple of tattoos on my head, a scorpion on each side around my ear

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds