Show Navigation Menu

Ebay

More
12 years 4 months ago #36270 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Ebay
Envy wrote:

:huh: I don't know what to do.

I bought two underbusts from eBay - The listing said they offered 3.99 postage with 2.00 for every additional item. Another part of the listing said free delivery in the UK.

I asked for them to invoice me to include combined shipping. Instead they invoiced me through email separately for each item I bought and did not include combined shipping. They then shipped the item and I received them both today whilst I still hadn't paid.

I thought. Well. Seeing as they've sent it and it's too late, guess I have to pay postage in full. Annoying as I had emailed several times stating I wanted an invoice through PayPal/eBay for *combined postage*..

I don't know whether to leave neutral feedback or positive, seeing as it would be nice to maintain good relations with the seller in case I chose to buy again (cheap corsets, correct length for me)..But yet again, they frankly chose to ignore my emails once they hastily despatched the items separately and did not offer combined postage as stated on their listing. I ended up paying 3.99 postage per corset which is almost equivalent to daylight robbery in my opinion..They had a bit of a weight to them but I know 3.99 is overcharging because you can send pairs of shoes and boots for that... :angry:

First of all, it's against eBay's policy to complete a transaction outside of eBay. It's also extremely strange to dispatch items before buyer pays in my opinion and it's rude to ignore e-mails.

I would've just not paid at all and waited for them to contact me about it so I could tell them I wanted combined postage. If they had refused that or not replied, I would just not have followed through with the transaction. As far as recourse with eBay, they would not have had a case against you. As a seller you should never ship an item before receiving payment. That would've been their problem.

Also, sellers assume responsibility for the listing. If it says they offer combined postage and they refuse to give it to you, then that is total cause for canceling a transaction. This seller sounds like a crook to me. I would forget about buying anything from them ever again and leave them negative feedback for being rude and for conning you out of extra shipping. Think of it, Envy, do you really want to deal with this seller again knowing they ignore e-mails? Imagine if something had been wrong with one of the corsets, you would've been stuck with it because they obviously have terrible customer service. New things are always popping up on eBay. I'm sure you'll find someone else selling the corsets you want.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #38227 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Ebay
I'm questioning an ebay seller's common sense and geography knowledge right now...
Asked for a tracking number as my item still hasn't arrived and Royal Mail tells me it's on the way to the Czech Republic.
I point that out to the seller - no response, just get a mail where they updated the purchase info on ebay and included the tracking number. WTF? I was expecting something like \"we're sorry, we'll check with Royal Mail, we're sure we wrote Croatia and not Czech Republic on the parcel etc.\" :angry:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #38229 by firensia
black_magnolia wrote:

I'm questioning an ebay seller's common sense and geography knowledge right now...
Asked for a tracking number as my item still hasn't arrived and Royal Mail tells me it's on the way to the Czech Republic.
I point that out to the seller - no response, just get a mail where they updated the purchase info on ebay and included the tracking number. WTF? I was expecting something like \"we're sorry, we'll check with Royal Mail, we're sure we wrote Croatia and not Czech Republic on the parcel etc.\" :angry:

I have no tolerance for sellers that don't respond to messages. It's incredibly rude!

Depending on how long ago you purchased the item and on how long you plan on waiting, you can probably start a Item Not Received dispute. Chances are if they did send the item to the Czech Republic, it will get returned to the sender as undeliverable and they will try to blame you saying your address was wrong, though it was their fault. In that case, you may have an issue trying to get your money back as Paypal will only check the tracking info to decide the outcome of the claim and once they see it listed as undeliverable, they will favor the seller. If I were you, I would start the dispute now rather than waiting for the item to get returned to the seller. At least this way, the seller will have no choice but to communicate with you and will hopefully correct their mistake by re-sending your item to the correct address. Good luck!

Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by firensia.

More
11 years 10 months ago #38230 by black_magnolia
Thanks, firenisa! I was thinking about doing that, but thought I'd try with another message to the seller before opening a case. Hopefully I'll manage to sort it out. It's that Alchemy ring I've purchased last, and I really want to get it. :(

And eternity in an hour.

More
11 years 9 months ago #38271 by black_magnolia
Can anyone give me some advice with my current ebay problem?
I opened a case in the resolution centre, the seller replied they contacted Royal Mail about the package going to the wrong country and that they'll contact me back - which they still haven't, even though I wrote to them again asking if they got a response from Royal Mail...
I'm pretty sure the package is lost as it can't be tracked after it left the UK, which it should be. I even checked the Czech Post office...

Now, \"The case will automatically be closed on 08 Jul, 2012.\" - what does that mean?
Will I automatically get a refund or do I have to escalate the case to Customer Support for a final decision?

I almost forgot about the case with my exam right in front of the door. :S :(

And eternity in an hour.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #38276 by firensia
black_magnolia wrote:

Can anyone give me some advice with my current ebay problem?
I opened a case in the resolution centre, the seller replied they contacted Royal Mail about the package going to the wrong country and that they'll contact me back - which they still haven't, even though I wrote to them again asking if they got a response from Royal Mail...
I'm pretty sure the package is lost as it can't be tracked after it left the UK, which it should be. I even checked the Czech Post office...

Now, \"The case will automatically be closed on 08 Jul, 2012.\" - what does that mean?
Will I automatically get a refund or do I have to escalate the case to Customer Support for a final decision?

I almost forgot about the case with my exam right in front of the door. :S :(

:ohmy: From the info you posted, it's obvious the seller is trying to pull one over on you. If they were genuine, they would have immediately refunded and then sorted themselves out with Royal Mail.

In order for a buyer to get a refund via the Resolution Center, either the seller has to give it (unfortunately, doesn't look like that's going to happen with an unresponsive deadbeat as the seller) or the buyer escalates to a claim and Paypal intervenes and refunds you.

Regarding the deadline of June 8th, what happens when you start a case is that there is a certain time frame within which it is expected that you and the seller would work things out. But, even if a solution is NOT reached, the case automatically closes on that deadline. Closed disputes cannot be reopened so it is important to escalate to a claim before then.

If I were you, I would of course escalate it. Paypal will then ask the seller to provide a tracking number. When he/she does, I would call Paypal directly and have them look it up. Once they see that the item has gone missing, they will usually issue you a refund right away.

I'm sure you'll get your money back. Paypal is really good with protecting buyers once you get them involved. I have had issues with not receiving stuff too and they have always ruled in my favor so I'm sure you'll win your claim. :)

Let me know how it goes. Good luck.

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by firensia.

Time to create page: 0.329 seconds