Show Navigation Menu

Ebay

More
12 years 7 months ago #35380 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: GothAuctions vs Ebay
janelle hell wrote:

I love the all black LS dress! If it were my size, I would SO buy it!

Argh same here! I love that dress! But it's a size too small for me. :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35383 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: GothAuctions vs Ebay
Thanks everyone. Two of my items already have bidders now so I'm really excited. Hope they follow through! :woohoo: Glad I decided to list on eBay. Thanks everyone for all the advice. You're the best! :)

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 7 months ago #35391 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: GothAuctions vs Ebay
firensia wrote:

Thanks everyone. Two of my items already have bidders now so I'm really excited. Hope they follow through! :woohoo: Glad I decided to list on eBay. Thanks everyone for all the advice. You're the best! :)

:D You're welcome! Good luck!

More
12 years 7 months ago #35449 by firensia
And the saga continues...

Last night, one of my auctions ended. Today, I received an email from Paypal stating that the buyer had paid for item. I checked my Paypal account only to realize that the buyer had only paid me for the cost of the dress NOT the shipping charge. Now, I'm really not sure how this happened. I checked my listings from the US eBay site, I even changed the country to US, entered a US zip code as if I was a US buyer and it showed me the correct shipping cost. I searched around the net and realized that other sellers had experienced this as well. Apparently, there is a setting under Account> Site Preferences> Payment From Buyers that needs to be disabled, otherwise Buyers can delete the shipping cost and change the total amount of the sale. I'm quite disappointed at the moment. I don't think my prices were high at all (certainly not for this particular dress, my auction price was well under 50% of original RRP) so I can't imagine why someone would want Free Shipping on it too. I immediately refunded her partial payment and sent her a message explaining the situation. Also, sent her a new invoice with the correct amount so I will have to wait and see. If she doesn't want the dress anymore, I will have to cancel the transaction and hopefully, I will be able to reclaim my final value fees.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35457 by black_magnolia
firensia wrote:

And the saga continues...

Last night, one of my auctions ended. Today, I received an email from Paypal stating that the buyer had paid for item. I checked my Paypal account only to realize that the buyer had only paid me for the cost of the dress NOT the shipping charge. Now, I'm really not sure how this happened. I checked my listings from the US eBay site, I even changed the country to US, entered a US zip code as if I was a US buyer and it showed me the correct shipping cost. I searched around the net and realized that other sellers had experienced this as well. Apparently, there is a setting under Account> Site Preferences> Payment From Buyers that needs to be disabled, otherwise Buyers can delete the shipping cost and change the total amount of the sale. I'm quite disappointed at the moment. I don't think my prices were high at all (certainly not for this particular dress, my auction price was well under 50% of original RRP) so I can't imagine why someone would want Free Shipping on it too. I immediately refunded her partial payment and sent her a message explaining the situation. Also, sent her a new invoice with the correct amount so I will have to wait and see. If she doesn't want the dress anymore, I will have to cancel the transaction and hopefully, I will be able to reclaim my final value fees.

That's just flat out cheeky form the buyer. I think they just thought they'll try it out and hope to get away with it. *rollseyes* Hopefully they will pay the whole price in the end including shipping.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35458 by firensia
black_magnolia wrote:

That's just flat out cheeky form the buyer. I think they just thought they'll try it out and hope to get away with it. *rollseyes* Hopefully they will pay the whole price in the end including shipping.

Now, I checked her feedback and saw that another seller left feedback for her saying that she is a bad buyer since she wanted a refund when nothing was wrong with the item. It seems that she preys on new sellers because that other seller only had a few feedback. I'll just re-list it if she doesn't want to pay the correct amount. I'm sure there's a good buyer out there that would be interested in the item.

Time to create page: 0.358 seconds