Show Navigation Menu

Ebay

More
12 years 8 months ago #34907 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Ebay
black_magnolia wrote:

Thanks girls for the info! :)

I also just give them a lower star rating if the shipping was mildly overcharged and/or the item was a deal so I don't mind so much, but in this case I paid £4.50 for p&p while in fact they paid only £1.93 for postage. They packaged the top with just a bit of bubble-wrap and sent it in a thin plastic bag on which they scribbled the address with permanent marker - you can't tell me that that is so expensive in the UK! :ohmy:

lol Once, I received a package from an eBay seller wrapped in pages from a magazine.

black_magnolia wrote:

The seller wrote me this (just pasted the relevant part): \"what i will do is once you have received the replacement then contact me, i will refund full postage back to your paypal account, cos i hope my shop will never let any customer down. Please send it back to with normal post.\"
The wording confuses me a bit, but I assume they will post the exchange top when they receive the one I'm returning, right? :unsure:

I agree that message is very confusing. It seems as though he wants to wait until you receive the exchange top before refunding your postage?

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34914 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Ebay
The fact they asked you to post by normal post sounds suspicious...

And yeah! Someone wrapped my item in NEWSPAPERS before! :S

More
12 years 8 months ago #34915 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Ebay
Envy wrote:

The fact they asked you to post by normal post sounds suspicious...

And yeah! Someone wrapped my item in NEWSPAPERS before! :S

Could just be that he's cheap and wants to save as much as he can. The type of person that rips people off on shipping generally won't want to spend their own money.

Is the seller from China by any chance? Only going back to his message, it seems as though he doesn't know English all that well.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #34918 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Ebay
firensia wrote:

Is the seller from China by any chance? Only going back to his message, it seems as though he doesn't know English all that well.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were some not-native-English-speaker as I've returned the top to a London address. :huh:
At least it's obvious that logic isn't really their stronger side... I've sent them a message that I've posted the top and that the post-lady said it will take circa 10 days for it to get to them, because of UK customs office (as all international packages have to pass customs) - to which the seller replied: \"Ok, as part of EU, item should be return back to me sooner than 10 days. Once item received replacement will be shipped out.\" - yeah, I know you, ergo the UK is part of the EU, but Croatia still isn't an EU member, but a candidate state and therefore post from Croatia still has to go through customs. *rolls-eyes*

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35180 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic GothAuctions vs Ebay
I have some stuff for sale, clothing mostly. Most of them are new, some I wore only once or they didn't fit. I was thinking of selling them online via a marketplace like eBay. I recently discovered this website: www.gothauctions.com . Basically, it's like the gothic version of eBay. There are a couple sellers who have listed a bunch of Lip Service items and you can also find stuff by other alternative brands such as Tripp, Morbid Threads, etc. Has anyone ever used this site? I am tempted to list the clothing I have for sale on GothAuctions since listing is free. I had thought of listing on eBay but what with seller fees and all, I don't see how anyone can make any cash from eBay selling. Has anyone ever sold things via the internet? Can you give me any advice or recommendations on good auction sites? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #35181 by janelle hell
firensia wrote:

I have some stuff for sale, clothing mostly. Most of them are new, some I wore only once or they didn't fit. I was thinking of selling them online via a marketplace like eBay. I recently discovered this website: www.gothauctions.com . Basically, it's like the gothic version of eBay. There are a couple sellers who have listed a bunch of Lip Service items and you can also find stuff by other alternative brands such as Tripp, Morbid Threads, etc. Has anyone ever used this site? I am tempted to list the clothing I have for sale on GothAuctions since listing is free. I had thought of listing on eBay but what with seller fees and all, I don't see how anyone can make any cash from eBay selling. Has anyone ever sold things via the internet? Can you give me any advice or recommendations on good auction sites? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. :)

I used to use that site alot about 10 years ago, but after I had problems as both a buyer and a seller (not getting items I'd paid for/having people win auctions & never go through with the actual purchase), I've dealt exclusively with Ebay. Ebay certainly has its faults, but their buyer protection program is awesome & there is also recourse to help for getting buyers to pay for items they've won.

As for experience selling things on Ebay, so far this year I've made enough money to go on a couple of vacations...but then, I've experience as an antiques seller IRL, and access to inexpensive vintage/antique items that I'm able to make quite a profit on, so my experience is probably not typical.

Time to create page: 0.313 seconds