Show Navigation Menu

How was your day?

More
11 years 8 months ago #38467 by black_magnolia
I had a couple pretty stress filled days this week. I've been hunting after a new apartment for some time now, I assume I don't have to tell people how that is. Just a frustrating experience as always.
Anyway, with one add, the apartment was already rented out, but the landlady told me the couple who took it was staying just for two months and I should call back in August.
Didn't find anything better in the mean time, so I just did that (called) and after rushing back to Zagreb to see the place, I got it. :)
Kinda peculiar how things worked out, as there were other people interested in the apartment too, but the landlady told them she first spoke to me, so she'll wait till I see it and decide, before she offers it to the next person.
She told me, when we met, she liked my voice on the phone and just had a good feeling about me. What can I say? Seems my landlady really likes me. :blush: I spent almost 3 hours as a guest at her place (turns out she's my first neighbour too), got invited to stay for dinner and was hugged as a farewell. Good sign, right?
Anyway, the \"new\" place is like 3 times bigger (!) then the \"old\" apartment I was in, and the rent in comparison is just 10% more! Ok, the \"new\" place is in fact in an 100 year old building from the Austro-Hungarian Empire era, but it's in good shape, and I'm much closer to uni/the library/cafeteria/dojo/pretty much everywhere important to me. :) Looking forward to making the place feel like home, but will wait with that till I finish my exams in September.
Moving my stuff this weekend and then hitting the books hard as I have a ton to study and, I hate to admit it, I was lazy. :( :S Just hope this week doesn't drain to much of my batteries, I got a bit of a fever now, but I think/hope it's just from all the stress and travel, so an aspirin and a good night's sleep should fix it. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #38483 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re: How was your day?
I actually had a fairly spectacular day! I had to be up early because my friend and her mother went on a 2 week road trip and I foolishly volunteered to look after their four monsters (cats) but I was able to run my errands right afterwards since the stores I went to opened early. And because it was early I was in and out really fast.

When I came home I tackled the evil light fixture of doom - I had bought a new exterior light fixture but was having issues mounting it because previous owners had hooked up the last fixture really stupidly - and conquered it in about 15 minutes. Got the second coat of paint on my shed done in just over an hour. That was everything I absolutely had to do today and it wasn't even noon yet.

So the afternoon was mine to watch movies and relax (the best way to spend a holiday at home!). Then, to top things off, my husband finished up the banner for the Etsy shop I'm starting up a little while ago so I've just about got everything together for that project.

All in all, an awesome day!

More
11 years 8 months ago #38484 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re: How was your day?
My day was pretty horrible. Started with not being able to sleep last night, then to wake up to a huge storm outside, which was actually the only good part of the day. :) then i get into work and find out that my counterpart on the previous shift failed to do the task he was assigned because he is lazy and somehow magically disappears when he is given work. So i get into work and get the pleasure of listening to his excuses as to why he wasn't able to do any work. Afterwards, myself and my partner on my shift go out to work on the aircraft and it's steaming hot inside that thing. pretty much like walking into an oven. the work itself went smoothly until lightning prevented us from finishing until later on in the day. After work i drive home only to realize i forgot to get cat food for my two girls so i have to go and get that and now i'm finally able to relax. :) soo all in all a pretty bad day but a few rays of sunshine through the rain clouds.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
11 years 8 months ago #38490 by cemwerewolf
Sorry to hear things went so rotten for you Veszdrin. Hopefully things will get better.

On the heels of yesterday being great, today sucked big time. It poured rain so all of my plans for the day went right down the tubes. And then my sewer line backed up again. So, not only do I have to come up with a pile of money to pay the plumbers that came to clear the line, I get to spend the rest of my holiday scrubbing the floor and then repainting it again. Should have known I'd end up paying for yesterday . . .

More
11 years 8 months ago #38491 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re: How was your day?
Thanks cemwerewolf. i hope they get better too but i just found out that i'm getting moved to the same shift as him so i think i'll be lucky if i dont get arrested for murder. :P anywho, i'm sorry to hear about your predicament. wish there was a way i could help.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
11 years 8 months ago #38494 by cemwerewolf
Thanks for the good thoughts Veszdrin.

Spent most of yesterday cleaning up after the sewer backup (which is finally done thank goodness) and cleaning up the inside of my refurbished tool shed which is something I had planned to do the day before but the rain interferred. Then I ended up going to my parents' house in the evening where my mom and I pretty much finished off this years Hallowe'en costume. Yay! I just have a couple decorative details to add and I'm set to go!

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds