Show Navigation Menu

Absinthe

More
14 years 3 months ago #12128 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:Absinthe
@ Black-magnolia:

it is really excellent! Is not ...
Yum, yum!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12142 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Absinthe
for those sorts of things that the Holy Grail of Absintheur, the original recipe is called:

APF 1901 (translation: Absinthe Pernod Fils 1901)

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13522 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Absinthe
Okay, on a Virgin America plane, you can order Absinthe! They have no idea how to serve it (they gave me a plastic cup with a tiny bottle in it. I had to ask for sugar and ice water, but it was still like juggling to try to make everything right. It is called \"Le Tourment Vert\" and comes in a pretty bottle, but I don't think I will get absinthe on a plane again! Too much trouble with the plastic cups! :) I eventually got it right, and the lady next to me enjoyed the aroma, but didn't bother to get one for herself after watching me juggle it into a proper state!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #13523 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:Absinthe
Speaking of absinthe ... We have, my husband and I returned from the opening of our bar Gothic Absinthe. In fact, we now hold one every third Saturday of the month in Brussels.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14628 by NIFER
Replied by NIFER on topic Re:Absinthe
Yes, I drank absinthe. It was a recipe for the 18 century, absinthe was prepared from wormwood, anise and fennel, with the addition of mint. It was a very mild taste. At the bottom of a glass poured a third of absinthe, presented with holes in the spoon with a piece of sugar, and this piece of sugar, we poured the water. Drank from the tube.
A very pleasant drink;)

More
14 years 2 months ago #14703 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Absinthe
Me too NIFER, is the ritual \"à la française\" than I prefer!

Mes hommages.

T.

Time to create page: 0.299 seconds