Show Navigation Menu

Absinthe

More
14 years 7 months ago #1531 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Re:Absinthe
Atanasia_Luiza_Lupei wrote:

Yeah, I've tried wormwood tea a few times, I quite like it.

Does the wood get between your teeth?:laugh:

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1571 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Absinthe
LadyInBlack wrote:

About absinthe: \"After the first glass, you see things as you wish they were. After the second, you see things as they are not. Finally, you see things as they really are, which is the most horrible thing in the world.\"

Oscar Wilde

Good quote... I think you could say that about most types of drug or alchohol!

I haven't tried absinthe yet, due to the nasty (to me) black licorice taste. I still might though, if I can find a bar that serves it, or else a really small bottle so that it won't cost too much. No point in spending a fortune on something I'm not expecting to like.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1599 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Absinthe
Myself I like licorice, my favorite candy :silly:, but you still got a good point Morgana. At least when I really have no idea how it'll taste, why would I buy half a litre or alike? A drink (if I could find one) would be good enough B)
Tho that wormwood tea sounds interesting... I'm a fan of tea myself, so could be a good try :cheer:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 7 months ago #1612 by Rubyred
Replied by Rubyred on topic Re:Absinthe
I've kind of had absinth, as in, I've had the stuff you can buy in bars over here, which is weaker and doesn't contain the hullucingen (I've no idea how you spell that). In that sense, I didn't really see the point, really feel an effect, or like the taste.
I'd really like to try wormwood tea though, thats a nice idea, I'm not sure how easy it would be to get hold of though...

More
14 years 6 months ago #1934 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Absinthe
Sisters & Brothers members of The Order Of Algoth,

In Belgium absinthe is legal again and we ave at the heart of our European capital, Brussels, a bar, \"Flori's Bar\" which offers over one hundred different kinds. Including the famous \"Mansinthe\" the absinthe of M. Manson ! Is really excellent and not just promotional material ...

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 6 months ago #2341 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Absinthe
Can anyone recommend me a good brand of absinthe? The best I have consumed so far is Pernod but what I usually find in bars and at stores isn't that great although it's a bit cheaper. I have to add extra anise to the absinthe I buy in the stores as it doesn't become \"louche\" after adding water to it.

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds