Show Navigation Menu

Absinthe

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #17978 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Absinthe
Okay, I checked out the \"upscale\" liquor store near my house, and they only had 3 types of absinthe, all more than $60 per bottle. A little rich for me (until my winnings come in!). But it was all described as just 55% to 65% alcohol with \"herbs\" added. Whatever that means. No thujone. I will buy a bottle next time I have some spare cash, and try it out. They had the Green Fairy brand, which I have heard positive things about from friends, though.

AHA! I just found this site, for you US Absinthe lovers, just wanted you to know that this is where some locals have gotten the good stuff from: I have actually heard the Don and Mike show on the radio when they were talking about Green Fairy, and this is what they meant:

www.greenfairy.org/faq.php

And they will ship to the U.S.! Can't wait!!!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by scootiebee.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18006 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Absinthe
Bonsoir sister Scootiebee,

@ Alandia as also they deliver in the U.S. ...

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #18015 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Absinthe
The only type of Absinthe I've ever tried is called Absente, absente.com/ According to the box that the bottle came in...

\"Absente is the modern version of the original Absinthe recipe. The single difference is we replaced the notorious botanical Wormwood with a less bitter cousin, Southern Wormwood, also know as \"peitie absinthe\". Absente is the first legal Absinthe available in America since 1912.\"

I can't find any mention of the thujone content on the box. I didn't see the faerie, but I was definitely looped from drinking it, much more than I would be on the same amount of whisky. And I don't ever remember being dizzy the next morning, but I was after drinking this stuff!

EDIT: It says on their site...

\"Absente contains the original and authentic Wormwood. Absente is still made with the highest quality spirits and select botanicals from the region, now including a full measure of the legendary botanical Wormwood, also know as artemisia absinthium.

Absente contains the maximum amount of thujone based on the legal limits set by the U.S. regulatory authorities and the European Union. All Absinthe in the U.S. market must be no greater than 10 parts per million Thujone content.\"
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by Morgana.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18017 by Thurysaz
Absente is an absinthe without thujone. she has good taste but for me, who loves the real absinthe, I think this is not really. Because with Absente you dont ave the \"Absinthe effect\".

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18034 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Absinthe
That is what I thought, Thurysaz. I will be trying some from one of these sites as soon as they see fit to send me my prize money! :)

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #18271 by Thurysaz
Bonsoir sister Scootiebee,

On Alandia it déliver to the U.S.A. in seven days and they have many choices.

I recommand you Mansinthe (some of best for me), Mata Hari (without anise) and Trul black (taste of licorise)

Mes hommages.

T.

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds