Show Navigation Menu

What's your most recent purchase? (Non-Alchemy)

More
12 years 6 months ago #35552 by black_magnolia
Oh, books for uni are always expensive and those for natural sciences are the most expensive of them all.
Here I also spend like 200 pounds per year for brand new books (naturally you can pay less if you get them second-hand).

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #35553 by Envy
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

Envy wrote:

I..Have just bought a bunch of law textbooks. But I feel pretty lucky, as on the way out from the uni. bookstore, I saw the value packs for science-subject people, which had 6 books per pack and were near 200 pounds! Our value packs for law were just a bundle of two books for 40 pounds or so..

My biology book for this year was AUS$200 alone.

Ouch!

How long will that last you? The entire year/course? Or just the semester?

I think the books they sold for the science people here were to last for the entire duration of their course - So mine will add up in time I guess. I've now spent a total of about 200 pounds on books for two topics for law and we have a total of over 10 topics from what I can remember..

More
12 years 6 months ago #35566 by cemwerewolf
Bought a whole bunch of clothing last night since I found out hardly anything in my closet fits anymore! Got two pairs of dress pants, a black knee length skirt, A short sleeved knit shirt with kind of a funky collar and a tailored button down shirt. I haven't really done a lot of clothes shopping for myself in recent yeard (except for corsets :laugh: ) so I kind of had to re-find what looks good on me. Made an interesting night of some horrible finds and some awesome ones!

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #35568 by firensia
I bought myself a beautiful black ruffle top off of eBay. Here's what it looks like:

Warning: Spoiler!

Warning: Spoiler!

Love the rhinestone detail around the neck! I'm having a ruffle craze at the moment. It's alright though. I always tend to adapt a more victorian style for the colder weather.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by firensia.

More
12 years 6 months ago #35569 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Envy wrote:

Envy wrote:

I..Have just bought a bunch of law textbooks. But I feel pretty lucky, as on the way out from the uni. bookstore, I saw the value packs for science-subject people, which had 6 books per pack and were near 200 pounds! Our value packs for law were just a bundle of two books for 40 pounds or so..

My biology book for this year was AUS$200 alone.

Ouch!

How long will that last you? The entire year/course? Or just the semester?

I think the books they sold for the science people here were to last for the entire duration of their course - So mine will add up in time I guess. I've now spent a total of about 200 pounds on books for two topics for law and we have a total of over 10 topics from what I can remember..

That book lasted me for one semester. I'm not going to sell it though mainly because it's a really good book and I may need it for future reference.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
12 years 6 months ago #35570 by Envy

That book lasted me for one semester. I'm not going to sell it though mainly because it's a really good book and I may need it for future reference.

:S Wow..The ones I bought a few days ago should last me all this year.

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds