Show Navigation Menu

What's your most recent purchase? (Non-Alchemy)

More
12 years 7 months ago #35233 by black_magnolia
560 GBP for that configuration?! :ohmy: Lucky you! I'd have to pay double or triple here in Croatia for that. If I could only go to HG for a new laptop... :whistle:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #35241 by iHauntTheSepulchre

Envy wrote:
And came with various other unneccessary bits..Like a fingerprint scanner, bluetooth, posh sound system and millions of weird ports for all sorts. :blink:

Fingerprint scanner? That is so cool! Gosh I wish we had those as optional extras over here...

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by iHauntTheSepulchre.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35244 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

560 GBP for that configuration?! :ohmy: Lucky you! I'd have to pay double or triple here in Croatia for that. If I could only go to HG for a new laptop... :whistle:

Yup, in the UK a laptop like this would easily be triple the cost! :S Takes some getting used to though - I'm having a typo overload because I'm not used to the keyboard.

I discovered the fingerprint scanner has more functions that are quite handy. :P You can register all your prints (very easy, you just swipe your finger over a little patch on the bottom RH side of your laptop keyboard area, same movement you use as when you use a scroll wheel on a mouse) and use any of your fingers as an alternative to typing in a password to enter your machine..You can also assign a different function for each of your fingerprints, so instead of having to manually click somehing to open/use, you can swipe a finger and it'll open if you assigned it to that finger. :woohoo:

More
12 years 7 months ago #35256 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

I discovered the fingerprint scanner has more functions that are quite handy. :P You can register all your prints (very easy, you just swipe your finger over a little patch on the bottom RH side of your laptop keyboard area, same movement you use as when you use a scroll wheel on a mouse) and use any of your fingers as an alternative to typing in a password to enter your machine..You can also assign a different function for each of your fingerprints, so instead of having to manually click somehing to open/use, you can swipe a finger and it'll open if you assigned it to that finger. :woohoo:

haha :P My current laptop has that too, but I don't use it. :silly: The old machine of mine isn't that bad (I.CoreDuo 2.00 Ghz, Nvidia GeForce 9500m (512MB), 4GB RAM, 250Gb HDD), but it's a bit sensitive with the electricity and prone to overheating (even though I had it checked and bought a new battery etc.) so I'm a bit sick of it. Well, till it's working it's fine, but I'm sure not going to miss it when it dies. :woohoo:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35262 by DarkFlights
I love those earrings - having had one piercing already stretched to accomodate flesh tunnels, I'm usually stuck with buying a pair and just using one in the other lobe, which is still normal. Finding nice flesh tunnels in 12mm can be quite difficult, though, everyone seems to cater to those who go much larger - which I don't want to do - or much smaller.
My last purchase was some Alchemy pendants on eBay, but the latest non-alchemy purchase was a lovely new enclosure for one of my baby tarantulas, which recently moulted and thus outgrew its old home. Bargain find it was, too - tough clear plastic tub, with a hinged lid so that you don't have to open the whole lid to drop food in. All I had to do was carefully melt some air holes all around the edge and in the lid. It cost me a grand total of £1.10. :laugh:

And I also bought some crickets of various sizes for the rest of the eight-legged bunch, too.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #35283 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

haha :P My current laptop has that too, but I don't use it. :silly: The old machine of mine isn't that bad (I.CoreDuo 2.00 Ghz, Nvidia GeForce 9500m (512MB), 4GB RAM, 250Gb HDD), but it's a bit sensitive with the electricity and prone to overheating (even though I had it checked and bought a new battery etc.) so I'm a bit sick of it. Well, till it's working it's fine, but I'm sure not going to miss it when it dies. :woohoo:

I'm so lazy that I'm finding it quite useful..My passwords tend to be long and tedious. The scan option works for logging into other things too, like MSN, so that saves me time. *Laze* :woohoo:

I've bought a bunch of paper lanterns for people at uni. :kiss: The non-flying kind.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Envy.

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds