Show Navigation Menu

What's in the news?

More
13 years 5 months ago #27002 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: What's in the news?
I read a small piece in the paper, saying that the London home of John Lennon and Yoko Ono has had a commemorative plaque put on it. The only reason I noticed it is because of a typo in the title, which reads \"Heritage plague put on Lennon and Ono home\"... perhaps the editor wasn't a Beatles fan?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27008 by black_magnolia
Morgana wrote:

A man called Russell Williams has been given 2 life sentences for murder. He started off by breaking into houses, stealing women's and girl's underwear, and then taking photos and videos of himself wearing the items while masturbating. He escalated pretty rapidy to assault, rape, and finally murder, complete with photos and videos that he took of the assaults. The media here are calling it a Jekyll and Hyde case, due to his day job. Most offenders like this are control freaks and looking for an outlet for their frustrations, but he already had plenty of opportunity to command others. He was a colonel in the air force, and in charge of one of Canada's biggest air force bases. One of his victims was another military person, and he even went so far as to write a letter to her family, in his capacity as her commanding officer, expressing his condolences! About the only redeeming thing that can be said for him is that he confessed, and spared the victims' families the ordeal of a trial. I won't post any links because most of the coverage has been very graphic and disturbing, but I'm sure it's easily searchable if anyone wants to know more.

That was also here in the news! I found the pictures with him posing in the women's underwear very disgusting. :S

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27016 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What's in the news?
black_magnolia wrote:

That was also here in the news! I found the pictures with him posing in the women's underwear very disgusting. :S

Whew. That's one bit of news I'm glad I've not heard/seen yet!

More
13 years 5 months ago #27037 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: What's in the news?
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

Whew. That's one bit of news I'm glad I've not heard/seen yet!

I've only seen one of the pictures, but yes, it's definitely disgusting. Even worse when you consider that some of the items were stolen from girls as young as 10 years old! I've been trying to follow the case, but avoid the pictures, which has been quite the balancing act....

More
13 years 5 months ago #27055 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What's in the news?
Morgana wrote:

I've only seen one of the pictures, but yes, it's definitely disgusting. Even worse when you consider that some of the items were stolen from girls as young as 10 years old! I've been trying to follow the case, but avoid the pictures, which has been quite the balancing act....

Oh dear..

:S

Well, news travels surprisingly slowly. Only today was the story about the supposed 'time-traveller' found on news sites. Coincidental how it's publicised at the same time as the release of the new 'Back To The Future' DVDs (or was it blu-rays?)..

Over here, there's debates over not turning back the clocks to give us more hours of daylight..It doesn't really affect us (England) in any negative light, but Scots would have lots of pitch black mornings apparently.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27078 by black_magnolia
Last I've noticed on the news is that a volcano is active in Indonesia and that they already had a tsunami there, if I recall correctly.
I assume that everyone already noticed the outbreak of Cholera on Haiti.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds