Show Navigation Menu

What's in the news?

More
13 years 7 months ago #24578 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:What's in the news?
>.< Wow..

Mm..It's sad that there are prejudices within the authorities - There always have been, and God knows when it will end. Never, I would assume, but one may hope. It reminds me of how many middle-class, white people get away Scot-free with all sorts of crimes in England, and how people of ethnic minorities are frowned upon/picked on for the silliest little things by the media and authorities.

Local news is generally the most frightening in my opinion - Just because things happen on your doorstep. In our local paper, we usually hear of 'white-van men'..They kidnap kids around the schools here and no one knows where they take them or what they do to them.

It sounds like something from a horror story, and yet it's happening on the streets I walk on everyday. The consistency of reports of white-van men thoughout the years furthermore makes me fear white vans, especially when I'm travelling alone. There have been reports of kidnappings and attempted kidnappings for..About 7-8 years running.

Things weren't like this on the streets when I was little..But as our village became a town, things have started to get rougher..We're getting gangs on the streets like crazy now..Every year, a whole new mass of kids who have dropped out of college take to the streets and waste away their lives too.

Ugh. I'm glad I won't be living here for much longer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #24599 by black_magnolia
Police not only have prejudice against other ethnic minorities, but also against other subcultures.
Two guys(goths) I know got beat up in the middle of the day, in the city-centre, by two Skinheads and the police almost laughed at them when they came to report it at the station. Thy didn't even try to do anything. Unfortunately, my friends don't have luck with these Skinheads, they got beaten up again by some other guys in another part of the city, this time they went to an other police station and there the policeman were totally different, they cached the Skinheads the same day.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 7 months ago #24623 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:What's in the news?
It really is too bad that the police, who are supposed to serve and protect ALL, have the same prejudices as anyone else. I know they're only human as well, but you'd think the organization as a whole might be able to overcome that.

Has anyone heard about the woman in the UK, who was caught on camera putting a cat into a garbage bin? Lucky for the cat that its owners had surveillance cameras up around their home, so they were able to identify the evil bitch that did it. And now she has a police guard around her home, because people are making threats against her! Hopefully she'll get what's coming to her...

More
13 years 7 months ago #24628 by black_magnolia
Morgana wrote:

Has anyone heard about the woman in the UK, who was caught on camera putting a cat into a garbage bin? Lucky for the cat that its owners had surveillance cameras up around their home, so they were able to identify the evil bitch that did it. And now she has a police guard around her home, because people are making threats against her! Hopefully she'll get what's coming to her...

I saw that one on the news. Didn't freak me out at all, I saw much worse animal manhandling so that this unfortunately doesn't surprise me at all...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 7 months ago #24646 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:What's in the news?
black_magnolia wrote:

Morgana wrote:

I saw that one on the news. Didn't freak me out at all, I saw much worse animal manhandling so that this unfortunately doesn't surprise me at all...

Yeah, we heard that one - I'm surprised that it's been heard of outside of the UK actually. :blink: Seeing as it's not the worst case - It's just a very odd case.

More
13 years 7 months ago #24675 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:What's in the news?
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

Morgana wrote:

Yeah, we heard that one - I'm surprised that it's been heard of outside of the UK actually. :blink: Seeing as it's not the worst case - It's just a very odd case.

I think that's likely why it's known outside of the UK, just because it is so strange. And sadly, I know there are much worse things done. I don't understand how people can be so cruel to animals...

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds