Show Navigation Menu

What's in the news?

More
11 years 4 months ago #39001 by black_magnolia
Everywhere I looked the news are filled with the shooting in the Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. Such horrible news... :(

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #39005 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re: What's in the news?
black_magnolia wrote:

Everywhere I looked the news are filled with the shooting in the Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. Such horrible news... :(

I totally agree with you :(
It's horrible, but it's unfortunately happened before.
I think it's time that the United States should change their gun laws, so it's not so easy for each and everyone to obtain weapons.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #39009 by black_magnolia
I completely agree with you Madam_Mim! We have quite strict weapon regulations here in Croatia, practically only people in law enforcement and military can posses them, and a few exceptions. Really hard to get a hold of legal firearms if you are a private person.
It would be high time the USA changed their laws regarding guns, but I fear that won't happen again. Last time there was a shooting like this they also started debating about the ban on guns, but again nothing came out of it.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
11 years 3 months ago #39026 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: What's in the news?
black_magnolia wrote:

It would be high time the USA changed their laws regarding guns, but I fear that won't happen again. Last time there was a shooting like this they also started debating about the ban on guns, but again nothing came out of it.

I agree completely. It's horrible that people would choose guns over innocent lives but as we've seen time and time again, that's exactly what happens.

I usually try to stay away from the news because it's usually never anything good but this particular tragedy was just impossible to escape. Completely heartbreaking and just senseless violence.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds