Show Navigation Menu

What's in the news?

More
12 years 1 month ago #37787 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What's in the news?
A belated congratulations! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #37788 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re: What's in the news?
Thank you Envy!! I really appreciate it as well as the other congratulations. :)How is uni going for you?

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
11 years 7 months ago #38629 by black_magnolia
...and in other news, well, to be specific, sports news:
sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/be...-141229032--nhl.html

I'm really excited about this, although sad too as I can't see it live. :( If I wasn't stuck in Zagreb studying for exams, I sure wouldn't miss Croatia's best ice hockey team playing in my hometown. :kiss:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #38631 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: What's in the news?
What a beautiful venue. :) I wouldn't immediately think of it being a hockey stadium. Here, hockey games are always played indoors. I don't think there's any outdoor venue in Canada but I could be wrong. I'm not a big hockey fan though. I mostly only watch playoff games if there's nothing else on TV.

I'm much more into the BMX and American Football. So glad it's football season again. Then the Dew Tour is back October so I'll get to see some BMX competitions. Can't wait. :)

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by firensia.

More
11 years 7 months ago #38632 by black_magnolia
firensia wrote:

What a beautiful venue. :) I wouldn't immediately think of it being a hockey stadium. Here, hockey games are always played indoors. I don't think there's any outdoor venue in Canada but I could be wrong. I'm not a big hockey fan though. I mostly only watch playoff games if there's nothing else on TV.

I'm much more into the BMX and American Football. So glad it's football season again. Then the Dew Tour is back October so I'll get to see some BMX competitions. Can't wait. :)

It's just going to be a hockey stadium for these two games. Just a special event.
Back in it's young days the amphitheatre hosted gladiator games, but nowadays it hosts different concerts, theatre plays, a film festival, other sports events etc. It survived all kinds of events, even the town's bombing during World War II, so it's quite a tough old monument. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
11 years 7 months ago #38633 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: What's in the news?
black_magnolia wrote:

It's just going to be a hockey stadium for these two games. Just a special event.
Back in it's young days the amphitheatre hosted gladiator games, but nowadays it hosts different concerts, theatre plays, a film festival, other sports events etc. It survived all kinds of events, even the town's bombing during World War II, so it's quite a tough old monument. :)

At first glance, I thought it was the Coliseum but then I realized it wasn't. :silly:

That's what I love about Europe, there's so many historical sites you can visit. Here, not so much. I remember visiting a 13th century castle when I was living in Ireland as a child and it was literally about a 10 minute walk from the city centre. :laugh: You don't even have to go far to step back in time.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Time to create page: 0.320 seconds