Show Navigation Menu

What's in the news?

More
12 years 2 months ago #37627 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re: What's in the news?
I still can't grasp why celebrities always seem to choose to end their lives early. Nothing against Whitney Houston but these people have everything the common person would kill to have yet they still choose to turn to drugs and alcoholism. I just don't understand it.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #37632 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What's in the news?
Veszdrin wrote:

I still can't grasp why celebrities always seem to choose to end their lives early. Nothing against Whitney Houston but these people have everything the common person would kill to have yet they still choose to turn to drugs and alcoholism. I just don't understand it.

Probably boredom.

In my opinion..

1. A job is a job..Regardless of how much you generally love it, you're probably going to tire of it eventually or have days/weeks/months where you really wished you did something else or lived a different life. There are always downsides to lifestyles and nothing is ever perfect really. That's my understanding of such matters anyway.

2. When you have so much money, what else can you achieve? The happiest rich people seem to be the ones who are very naturally philanthropic. People need a purpose in life, e.g. like helping others in need, creating something big or going for a dream..I think if you had so much money and had achieved such a status in life, it'd be the same feeling you get when you complete a game. \"Oh. What do I do now?\"..I guess many just choose alcohol and drugs when they reach that point.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #37633 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: What's in the news?
Veszdrin wrote:

My guess is that these people already had drug/alcohol problems to begin with. I don't think anyone gains a level of recognition then decides \"Hey, I need to start taking drugs now!\". It just seems extremely stupid to me that anyone would even consider taking drugs because of the danger. I suppose people get so caught up in wanting to change the way they feel that either don't care about the consequences or just think that they're somehow invincible.
Everyone goes through things in life that they maybe wish they hadn't and everyone has problems but it's all in how you react to it. You can either go down the wrong path with drugs and alcohol and try to forget (only the problems are still going to be there when the drugs wear off or you'll be dead) or you can actually use your time in a productive manner and make your reality something worth living instead, something that you wouldn't want to escape from.
It has a lot to do with how people look at life too. Some people can have everything they want and still not be satisfied. Personally, no matter how boring life supposedly gets, I don't see that as any excuse to do drugs. There's always more to be achieved. A life can never be complete. That's my two cents anyway.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by firensia.

More
12 years 2 months ago #37635 by Veszdrin
Envy, firensia, i agree with both of you whole heartedly. I too sometimes find myself wishing I was doing something else in the military or lving a different kind of lifestyle but everytime I think of that, I also think that if I were living a different life, I would never have met any of the wonderful friends I now know and I would never have met my gf either.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
12 years 2 months ago #37669 by Verminaard Draconis
I'm starting to create my own job now, a magic and witchcraft shop and I will be an Alchemy Gothic dealer here in Quebec!!

So the only thing I ask to the AlGoth community is wishing me succes!

Thanks to all!

From the death came the Living and after a perfection of that solution came the glory!!

More
12 years 2 months ago #37672 by Veszdrin
Good luck Draconis!! Wish you all the best!!

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds