Show Navigation Menu

What's in the news?

More
12 years 5 months ago #36133 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What's in the news?
:blink: I haven't actually heard of these until now. Sounds like the cause of our riots - No one actually knew. But instead of any excuse to camp out, it was more any excuse to loot and trash your home cities! *Facepalm*

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #36140 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: What's in the news?
Envy wrote:

:blink: I haven't actually heard of these until now. Sounds like the cause of our riots - No one actually knew. But instead of any excuse to camp out, it was more any excuse to loot and trash your home cities! *Facepalm*

From what I heard, it started in the US as a way to protest the current state of economy and whatnot. However, Canada is not as in dire straits as the US in that regard and even if we were, I really don't see how sitting around doing nothing would be helping anyone. It seems that it's mostly university students and the like that are camping out. Any excuse to skip school now. lol

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 5 months ago #36157 by Envy
firensia wrote:

Envy wrote:

From what I heard, it started in the US as a way to protest the current state of economy and whatnot. However, Canada is not as in dire straits as the US in that regard and even if we were, I really don't see how sitting around doing nothing would be helping anyone. It seems that it's mostly university students and the like that are camping out. Any excuse to skip school now. lol

Oh..Yeah. I don't see how that would help - But they have always said over here that students are the best people to get politically active or to protest, because we don't have as much to lose. Most of us aren't tied down to things like family or full-time jobs and lots have spare hours (sadly, not me!). :P

More
12 years 5 months ago #36168 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: What's in the news?
I'm really not sure just what they hope to accomplish with these protests, as it all seems very disorganized to me. But I think the ranks will be thinned out quite a bit, once the snow and colder temperatures arrive...

More
12 years 5 months ago #36172 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: What's in the news?
Morgana wrote:

I'm really not sure just what they hope to accomplish with these protests, as it all seems very disorganized to me. But I think the ranks will be thinned out quite a bit, once the snow and colder temperatures arrive...

That's for sure. No one's going to camp out when it's -35 outside.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 5 months ago #36173 by Envy
firensia wrote:

Morgana wrote:

That's for sure. No one's going to camp out when it's -35 outside.

...Unless they're hardcore! :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.292 seconds