Show Navigation Menu

What's in the news?

More
12 years 8 months ago #34753 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What's in the news?
Madam_Mim wrote:

I know just what you mean - I saw on TV this morning that a young man who was asked why he was robbing a store, his reply was quote: 'I robbed the store because they would not hire me and I had even given them my CV.'
Not much brain activity there.......................... :ohmy:

Addition:
He was in fact only 16 years and among other things he had stolen were diapers for his son ................

:laugh: I heard it from you before it reached our news, haha. They showed us the same clip during the nighttime news..Ugh..

Too many teenage parents now. :huh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34843 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: What's in the news?
Sad news. :(
Four people were reportedly killed and dozens injured at the Belgian Pukkelpop music festival. This is the third such incident in the past month. We had a stage collapse at a music festival in Canada a few weeks back and last week, one collapsed in Indianapolis in the US. This is very unsettling, especially to concert goers like myself. People go to concerts to get away from things and enjoy themselves. They shouldn't have to worry about getting killed. Whoever constructs the stages needs to investigated and possibly charged for negligence in my opinion.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 8 months ago #34845 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What's in the news?
firensia wrote:

Four people were reportedly killed and dozens injured at the Belgian Pukkelpop music festival. This is the third such incident in the past month. We had a stage collapse at a music festival in Canada a few weeks back and last week, one collapsed in Indianapolis in the US. This is very unsettling, especially to concert goers like myself. People go to concerts to get away from things and enjoy themselves. They shouldn't have to worry about getting killed. Whoever constructs the stages needs to investigated and possibly charged for negligence in my opinion.

Wow. That's quite scary! :pinch: So many in a month..

More
12 years 8 months ago #34848 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re: What's in the news?
Envy wrote:

firensia wrote:

Wow. That's quite scary! :pinch: So many in a month..

Now, unfortunately, the news says that,it is at least five people have died and more than 40 others injured, including seven seriously. :(
And just as in the U.S., it was a sudden storm in the form of violent winds, hail and rain that ripped several big screens down, toppled trees, destroyed tents and got a roof over one of the scenes to break loose.
But I don't know what you can do to prevent this from happening again :unsure: - as fighting against nature unfortunately is in vain.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34849 by black_magnolia
firensia wrote:

I've heard that on yesterday's concert. Apocalyptica dedicated an acoustic song (can't remember the title, form their latest album) which they usually don't play on gigs/open-air to the victims...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 6 months ago #35898 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re: What's in the news?
October 5, 2011--Apple co-founder (and part of the reason we are all here on the internet) passed away

:(

Muammar Gaddafi was killed today.

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds