Show Navigation Menu

What's in the news?

More
12 years 8 months ago #34723 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What's in the news?
Madam_Mim wrote:

I heard the news, that three young men were killed when they were hit by a car in Birmingham, while they kept watch in the community to prevent looting.
What the hell is happening - are the troublemakers completely brainless....., and for what? :unsure:
NOTHING - apart from several economic and social problems for both themselves and the country as a whole. :angry:

Although I'm currently not comfortable with the situation, it shouldn't keep me from going to London on 4 September to go to the LondonEgde (and see AC's new releases) :)

Yeah..The deaths were a real shock.

It concerns me quite a lot that Birmingham went down the gutter, as if things all went to plan, I should be moving there within a couple of months.

Worse still, if things didn't go to plan, I'd be in a university that's preeeetty close to London (you have to go through London to get to and from it). :huh:

Bah..>.<..

Is the trade show once a year? :blink: Because damn, that came around soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34724 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

The trade show is twice a year (once in February and once in September).

I haven't been watching almost any news, so I'm totally in the dark what is happening in the world. I heard about the UK riots, but haven't kept track of the proceedings. :S

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34727 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

I haven't been watching almost any news, so I'm totally in the dark what is happening in the world. I heard about the UK riots, but haven't kept track of the proceedings. :S

Ahh right..I thought it was once a year, so I was going to say that was quick!

They've made tons of arrests now, as riots are starting to come under control and most of our government has cut their holidays short and come home quick..

I'm really shocked at the types of people who got involved. In the news, they said amongst those arrested was one second year law student (you would think they'd know better!), various 11-12 year old children, a teaching assistant who mentors the young and many more that shouldn't have been acting so badly..

More
12 years 8 months ago #34729 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: What's in the news?
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

Ahh right..I thought it was once a year, so I was going to say that was quick!

They've made tons of arrests now, as riots are starting to come under control and most of our government has cut their holidays short and come home quick..

I'm really shocked at the types of people who got involved. In the news, they said amongst those arrested was one second year law student (you would think they'd know better!), various 11-12 year old children, a teaching assistant who mentors the young and many more that shouldn't have been acting so badly..

I suppose it just becomes a free for all after a while. People see everyone around them damaging things and feel like somehow it's socially acceptable because the masses are doing it. Maybe some people are angry and just want let off some steam. Obviously, rioting is wrong but emotions do tend to cloud rational judgement. No idea why an 11 year old would want to participate in such a destructive activity though. That's pretty disappointing. Where are parents these days? Hopefully things will quiet down soon and rebuilding can start.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 8 months ago #34739 by Envy
firensia wrote:

I suppose it just becomes a free for all after a while. People see everyone around them damaging things and feel like somehow it's socially acceptable because the masses are doing it. Maybe some people are angry and just want let off some steam. Obviously, rioting is wrong but emotions do tend to cloud rational judgement. No idea why an 11 year old would want to participate in such a destructive activity though. That's pretty disappointing. Where are parents these days? Hopefully things will quiet down soon and rebuilding can start.

>.< Yeah..There was a bit on the news where lots of locals just took things into their own hands..Ran down streets with baseball bats etc. to chase away those wanting to cause trouble..And where locals in London all grabbed a broom and decided to clear up after the idiots..

I think the parents of the idiotic 11-12 year old youth probably all had their kids in teen years. :huh: On the news when the 11-12 year olds came out of court, their mothers were hiding theirs and their children's faces etc. and you could tell the mothers were young because they were stick thin, dressed a certain way and walked a certain way that gave off the impression of someone who's young, bitchy and dropped out of school, you know?

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #34747 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re: What's in the news?
Envy wrote:

I think the parents of the idiotic 11-12 year old youth probably all had their kids in teen years. :huh: On the news when the 11-12 year olds came out of court, their mothers were hiding theirs and their children's faces etc. and you could tell the mothers were young because they were stick thin, dressed a certain way and walked a certain way that gave off the impression of someone who's young, bitchy and dropped out of school, you know?

I know just what you mean - I saw on TV this morning that a young man who was asked why he was robbing a store, his reply was quote: 'I robbed the store because they would not hire me and I had even given them my CV.'
Not much brain activity there.......................... :ohmy:

Addition:
He was in fact only 16 years and among other things he had stolen were diapers for his son ................
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Madam_Mim.

Time to create page: 0.323 seconds