Show Navigation Menu

What's in the news?

More
12 years 8 months ago #34437 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What's in the news?
black_magnolia wrote:

I don't really think Norway will return to the death penalty, but I'm pretty sure they'll charge him for each death separately and he'll never leave prison in this lifetime.

I'd agree - I doubt there'll be a return of the death penalty. I do hope he is charged for each death separately though..But I'd presume that'd be one hell of a lengthy trial.

Ahh I don't know. It was said in our papers today that he was denying guilt or something..Which is pretty ridiculous. I don't even know how they'd get an unbiased jury for this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #34438 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re: What's in the news?
black_magnolia wrote:

I don't really think Norway will return to the death penalty, but I'm pretty sure they'll charge him for each death separately and he'll never leave prison in this lifetime.

He is charged under the terrorism clause, that can give up to 71 years in prison and that is probably the punishment the court will sentence him, if possible.

The total death toll from Norway has just been lowered to 76
Still terrible, but still a positive news.

I don't think the trial will take as much time, as he has confessed to both bomb in Oslo and the murders of Utøya. But the investigation will take a long time.

He has said, that he spent 9 years to plan his misdeed. According to the judge, Breivik said that he didn't went to the island to the kill as many as possible. He wanted instead to send \"a strong signal to people\" and that he would save Western Europe and Norway from cultural Marxist and Muslim takeover.\"
Breivik said the attack would create so much fear in the population, the Labour Party in the future would find it difficult to recruit new political talent.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Madam_Mim.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34444 by black_magnolia
I didn't know they had a terrorism clause. Haven't been able to catch the news becasue I've been out of the house...

I just hope he gets locked away and doesn't get out.

How did they lower the death toll from 90-something to 76?

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34445 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What's in the news?
black_magnolia wrote:

That's what I don't understand. :unsure:

In the papers we have, they're still quoting 90-odd.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34451 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re: What's in the news?
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

That's what I don't understand. :unsure:

In the papers we have, they're still quoting 90-odd.

They said it in the Norwegian and Danish news last night - In the rescue operation, there has apparently been some confusion about how many bodies they have found (they were brought to different hospitals).
But they continue to miss 4-5 persons. :(

More
12 years 8 months ago #34456 by black_magnolia
Madam_Mim wrote:

They said it in the Norwegian and Danish news last night - In the rescue operation, there has apparently been some confusion about how many bodies they have found (they were brought to different hospitals).
But they continue to miss 4-5 persons. :(

Ah, right. It doesn't make the tragedy any smaller, but it's still a bit of an fortunate event that the death toll is in fact smaller then previously reported.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds