Show Navigation Menu

What's in the news?

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #34405 by black_magnolia
I've heard about Winehouse on the radio becasue they started broadcasting all her hits now.
It's sad that she died, but I'm not surprised by it or overly touched. She was a good singer when she started, but her voice paid her drug toll, so you couldn't even say that she died as a good singer.
Now I'm thinking about Whitney Huston who is still alive, but who's voice will never be like before because of cocaine... Well, never mind that, RIP Amy.

I heard that the Utøya death toll has risen to 94 by now. :( I was a bit late yesterday with turning on the news on tv so I missed most of it, they were reporting the comments of Croatian people living in Norway when I turned in. Afterwards the rest of the news was just current national affairs here... :huh:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34421 by Serpenvicis
Replied by Serpenvicis on topic Re: What's in the news?
I've heard about tragedy in Norway yesterday in morning. My mother called me and told me about it. I was totally shocked. I can't even imagine how someone can be so disrupted in the brain to do something like that. And today I've heard that Anders Behrin Breivik, the guy who did it, doesn't even consdier his work as a crime. He both put bomb in Oslo and killed all those children on Utøya. How much I've herad, he is strictly against Islam, and that's why he did it.
My condolences to families of killed kids and people.
I tried to imagine how is it to be on island, hiding from man with automatic gun firing on everybody he meets. In news they said that people were jumping in water to save their lives, or pretending they're already dead. Breivik was suited in police uniform, running down the island and telling kids he is going to help them, and then shoot them.
I don't know how to call this, except total tragedy.

And about Amy Winehouse. Her death didn't suprise me. It is generally known that she was on drugs. It was matter of time when this would happen.

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34424 by black_magnolia
I discussed the Utøya killings with my family too. My dad was very shocked when I told him how high the death toll was. From the news, he understood it like it was just a few kids (less then 10). :S My mom immediately said that the guy deserves the death penalty.

The only stupid thing I find with the news now is that Amy Winehouse's death is bigger news then Utøya... :(

And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34427 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What's in the news?
Serpenvicis wrote:

I tried to imagine how is it to be on island, hiding from man with automatic gun firing on everybody he meets.

That same thought keeps revolving around in my head too.

@Magnolia:

Apparently in the cheapo Murdoch-owned papers, Winehouse's death is a bigger story here as well - But as for actual news on the TV, it's completely dominated by the Norway shootings, which I think is quite fitting.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34431 by Serpenvicis
Replied by Serpenvicis on topic Re: What's in the news?
black_magnolia wrote:

I discussed the Utøya killings with my family too. My dad was very shocked when I told him how high the death toll was. From the news, he understood it like it was just a few kids (less then 10). :S My mom immediately said that the guy deserves the death penalty.

Death penalty would be too lenient for him. They should judge him for every person separately. Biggest penalty in Norway is 21 one years in prison, but they are discussing about temporary returning death penalty.

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34435 by black_magnolia
I don't really think Norway will return to the death penalty, but I'm pretty sure they'll charge him for each death separately and he'll never leave prison in this lifetime.

And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds