Show Navigation Menu

From finding a good bra to other \"female\" topics

More
12 years 8 months ago #34448 by firensia
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

Eeep! :S I'd say 11 or 12 is too young for hair-dye and make-up.

My generation started with artificial highlights at the age of 14-15 and completely dyed hair in high-school (like 16-17 years). No make-up in elementary school and almost none in high-school (maybe just some eye-liner or some discreet lipstick).

:huh: Oh it gets worse. I know some who lost their virginity around that age too. Ick.

Girls in England tend to do things earlier than others in Europe - Teen pregnancy rates illustrate it pretty well. I'm pretty desperate to pick up European and Asian languages now so I can move out quick. English adults may have the international reputation of being overly polite, but as for the younger ones, it's a hell of a different story.

Horrible, horrible attitudes and mannerisms. I don't want to stay around and watch these generations become 'adults'.

Oh, I know exactly what you mean. I went to primary school in Ireland. I remember from 4th class, the girls started piercing bellybuttons, wearing makeup and having boyfriends. I was pretty appalled by it. I was happy enough just to enjoy being a kid. Never really felt like growing up before my time but maybe that's just me.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34449 by Envy
firensia wrote:

Oh, I know exactly what you mean. I went to primary school in Ireland. I remember from 4th class, the girls started piercing bellybuttons, wearing makeup and having boyfriends. I was pretty appalled by it. I was happy enough just to enjoy being a kid. Never really felt like growing up before my time but maybe that's just me.

Ahh when I think about it, probably more accurate to say all girls in the UK tend to 'start earlier' than in wider Europe. I remember girls getting belly-button piercings around year 5 ish and I specifically recall one conversation where a girl was ranting about how 'sad' it was to not have had at least one boyfriend/sex before secondary school (age 11-12 ish)!

More
12 years 8 months ago #34450 by firensia
Envy wrote:

firensia wrote:

Ahh when I think about it, probably more accurate to say all girls in the UK tend to 'start earlier' than in wider Europe. I remember girls getting belly-button piercings around year 5 ish and I specifically recall one conversation where a girl was ranting about how 'sad' it was to not have had at least one boyfriend/sex before secondary school (age 11-12 ish)!

Wow. Now, that is atrocious but you know, with the emergence of all of these sexually based music videos and television shows, it's no wonder kids are being corrupted by the messages. I can barely ever turn on my TV without seeing some scantily-clad bimbo dancing provocatively or just being promiscuous. Every time it happens, I just think \"What if my little cousins are watching TV right now?\". It's not as if I'm talking about late night television shows either. It seems nowadays the only safe bet is a cartoon channel and I suppose 12 year olds think they're too old to watch cartoons. Just makes me wonder about the future and what the world is coming to. :(

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 8 months ago #34452 by iHauntTheSepulchre
I noticed girls in my year level as I went through primary and high school, just got more and more promiscuous. I had my first \"boyfriend\" when was about to finish year nine (needless to say it only lasted a couple of weeks). My second and current boyfriend didn't come along until I was halfway through year eleven, by then, many of the other girls had had dozens of boyfriends. It amazes me how quick some of the girls my age group are to do more intimate things with any of their boyfriends. I've noticed in my younger cousins, the way the dress is so different from the way I dressed only a few years ago: they wear mostly short skirts and leggings, while I've always prefferred to wear pants. It's quite sickening seeing some of the clothes marketed for young girls...who needs a padded bra when they haven't even developed breasts yet?

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
12 years 8 months ago #34454 by black_magnolia
I must say I'm happy that over here it's not so drastic. Yes, compared to us older generations, the kids nowadays do dress and behave more inappropriate but I still wouldn't say they are promiscuous.

Teenage pregnancies aren't so often, I'd even say the number has gone down compared to previous years.
Most people here have their first sex with 17-18, some with 16, but any younger is really the exception. I did hear about girls who had sex with 12, but those are so rare and if someone finds out- it's nothing to brag about. Hmm... how should I say it? Having sex before you are at least 15 isn't really considered popular; others are going to make fun of you etc. I know how the girls in my class were talking behind the back of a girl in our class who had sex with 12. She thought it was so cool and everyone else thought she was stupid etc.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34463 by Envy
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

It amazes me how quick some of the girls my age group are to do more intimate things with any of their boyfriends. I've noticed in my younger cousins, the way the dress is so different from the way I dressed only a few years ago: they wear mostly short skirts and leggings, while I've always prefferred to wear pants. It's quite sickening seeing some of the clothes marketed for young girls...who needs a padded bra when they haven't even developed breasts yet?

Completely agree..

I was with my first 'proper' boyfriend for just under 4 years..We got together just before I turned 14, so..I think that was year 9. Even at that, we were together for about a year before we did anything really intimate. Yes, it was still underage and all of that..But compared to everyone else, I was experiencing everything rather late.

I'd say the trend where I live is that most people (girls) would have lost their virginity underage. I can't think of many who don't fit in that category.

Everyone else would sleep around after being with someone for 2 weeks or something, and even now, very few people I know can say they've lasted in a relationship for more than 6 months. Everyone seems to be happy to run around and sleep with as many people as possible without any real commitment. Guys and girls.

I wish things weren't so drastic here! :P I recall it was just hard to get by socially when the majority of girls around you have lost their virginity and have gone sex-mad from ages 12-14 and you haven't yet.

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds