Show Navigation Menu

From finding a good bra to other \"female\" topics

More
12 years 8 months ago #34419 by firensia
Envy wrote:

So..

How long does it take for a natural tan to fade?

I sprayed on suncream a little too late whilst on holiday and accidentally got a tan - Whilst wearing my favourite striped lace tights.

Result? Stripy tan on legs. I'm wondering how long I'll have to hide this away. :P It's not a super-strong tan, but it's enough for you to see stripes.

Whenever I accidentally get a tan, I use fresh lemon juice to fade it naturally (and quickly!) then I keep my skin moisturized with cocoa or shea butter. Two weeks ago, I was hanging out in the pool without sunscreen for four hours on a particularly hot day and got a pretty intense tan. However, I used lemon on it for a few days and now, it's completely faded so the remedy does work. :)

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34428 by Envy
firensia wrote:

Whenever I accidentally get a tan, I use fresh lemon juice to fade it naturally (and quickly!) then I keep my skin moisturized with cocoa or shea butter. Two weeks ago, I was hanging out in the pool without sunscreen for four hours on a particularly hot day and got a pretty intense tan. However, I used lemon on it for a few days and now, it's completely faded so the remedy does work. :)

Ooh..I've never heard that one before. :P I'll give it a try. Thanks! ^.^

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #34434 by black_magnolia
Lemon juice is a kind of natural bleach, so it should help.

I remember how it was popular in elementary school to use lemon juice on your hair so you would get natural highlights. I didn't do that becasue I would get highlights either way if I was long enough in the sun. :huh:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34436 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Lemon juice is a kind of natural bleach, so it should help.

I remember how it was popular in elementary school to use lemon juice on your hair so you would get natural highlights. I didn't do that becasue I would get highlights either way if I was long enough in the sun. :huh:

:P Ooh. We never had that - The girls here all started using hair dyes/makeup etc. since they were pretty young (late primary/early secondary, age 11-12 ish) so we never had a stage where people were using natural remedies.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34443 by black_magnolia
Eeep! :S I'd say 11 or 12 is too young for hair-dye and make-up.

My generation started with artificial highlights at the age of 14-15 and completely dyed hair in high-school (like 16-17 years). No make-up in elementary school and almost none in high-school (maybe just some eye-liner or some discreet lipstick).

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34446 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Eeep! :S I'd say 11 or 12 is too young for hair-dye and make-up.

My generation started with artificial highlights at the age of 14-15 and completely dyed hair in high-school (like 16-17 years). No make-up in elementary school and almost none in high-school (maybe just some eye-liner or some discreet lipstick).

:huh: Oh it gets worse. I know some who lost their virginity around that age too. Ick.

Girls in England tend to do things earlier than others in Europe - Teen pregnancy rates illustrate it pretty well. I'm pretty desperate to pick up European and Asian languages now so I can move out quick. English adults may have the international reputation of being overly polite, but as for the younger ones, it's a hell of a different story.

Horrible, horrible attitudes and mannerisms. I don't want to stay around and watch these generations become 'adults'.

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds