Show Navigation Menu

Shoes, Boots and Footwear in General.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12449 by Envy
necie1286 wrote:

i used to take ballet but didn't do the toe shoes. i was to young. but i rememebr seeing the ones who did do them. and i think that it might help with heels since heels push your feet up some like toe shoes do.

Hmm..Yeah. I would've thought that your feet would have been through enough training and exercise to endure hours in heels.

I'm not so lucky. :P Even the thought of standing en pointe makes my feet hurt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12451 by necie1286
me too. also another reason i didn't do toe is i have messed up ankles from when i was born my feet were pushed inward and i had to wear spiceal boots to fix them and my ankles are still weak. so i can't do lots of things that deal with my feet like toe shoes and skating.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12456 by scootiebee
I know that toe shoes have trained my feet to walk in heels. I still do the flaky ballet walk on my toes first, which was reinforced by years of cross-country running training. I can still stand on pointe even barefoot, so I must have done something to strengthen my feet through all that torture.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12458 by Envy
scootiebee wrote:

I know that toe shoes have trained my feet to walk in heels. I still do the flaky ballet walk on my toes first, which was reinforced by years of cross-country running training. I can still stand on pointe even barefoot, so I must have done something to strengthen my feet through all that torture.

But it must've been worthwhile? I know that my feet often have pains after being in heels for too long..If I flex them, at times, my muscles will feel as if they've been pulled. Not sure what causes that really.

My piano teacher is always telling me that persevering with the piano will benefit me when I'm older..For now, it's 'torture', though I guess, not as bad as something physical like ballet. :P

More
14 years 3 months ago #12464 by scootiebee
Oh, I have agonizing foot pain sometimes, but I think it is a combination of too much ballet (and countless broken toes) and very high arches. My footprints are basically a heel and the ball of my foot and toes, with nothing in between. Sometimes I get such bad cramps in my feet that I have to pull my toes back toward me or walk and stomp around for a while to make it go away. Oddly, this usually happens when I am lying down or sitting with my feet up, not while I am walking around in heels.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12466 by Envy
scootiebee wrote:

Oh, I have agonizing foot pain sometimes, but I think it is a combination of too much ballet (and countless broken toes) and very high arches. My footprints are basically a heel and the ball of my foot and toes, with nothing in between. Sometimes I get such bad cramps in my feet that I have to pull my toes back toward me or walk and stomp around for a while to make it go away. Oddly, this usually happens when I am lying down or sitting with my feet up, not while I am walking around in heels.

Broken toes..Ouch! I've never broken anything before..

I do have really bad circulation in my feet and hands though. Can make it really uncomfortable to try and get to sleep.

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds