Show Navigation Menu

Shoes, Boots and Footwear in General.

More
12 years 5 months ago #36116 by black_magnolia
Morgana wrote:

Funny, I would have guessed it would be the other way around. At least the red ones have some kind of heel, no matter how tall and skinny it is. The black ones look like they'd just make you fall over backwards.

Nah, it's really the other way around because you walk on the front part of your feet rather then on your heel. :silly: Even in normal high-heels you automatically put more pressure on the front part when you walk.
Try taking off your shoes at home and walk a round on your heels, and then on your toes/front part of the feet (ergo not on the tips of your toes as that is obviously the hardest) and see what is easier. ;)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #36119 by firensia
I was scared they would cause me to fall over forward but after trying what black_magnolia said, I agree that it's way easier to walk on the front of your feet than on your heels. Still, I think I'll stick to regular heeled footwear for the time being. :)

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 5 months ago #36121 by black_magnolia
firensia wrote:

Still, I think I'll stick to regular heeled footwear for the time being. :)

Yeah, I recommend that! :) These fancy weird-design shoes are primarily made for fetishist who like to wear them just for the bedroom - as you really can't wear those anywhere else without fearing to break your neck. :P

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 5 months ago #36122 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

firensia wrote:

Yeah, I recommend that! :) These fancy weird-design shoes are primarily made for fetishist who like to wear them just for the bedroom - as you really can't wear those anywhere else without fearing to break your neck. :P

Haha, funny you should say that. Most of the pictures of those ballet heels have the models with their legs up in the air or crawling. Few have them actually standing up in those boots. :P

More
12 years 5 months ago #36123 by firensia
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

firensia wrote:

Haha, funny you should say that. Most of the pictures of those ballet heels have the models with their legs up in the air or crawling. Few have them actually standing up in those boots. :P

lol Not the best connotation then. However, I did see Lady Gaga wearing boots like the ones I posted. She's not a style icon of mine though. Bit too out there for my liking.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 5 months ago #36135 by Envy
firensia wrote:

lol Not the best connotation then. However, I did see Lady Gaga wearing boots like the ones I posted. She's not a style icon of mine though. Bit too out there for my liking.

Is she anyone's style icon? :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds