Show Navigation Menu

Shoes, Boots and Footwear in General.

More
12 years 5 months ago #35592 by DarkFlights
Hm, I kinda feel out of my depth here - I've never been able to wear heels or wedge shoes, and alwasy have to weat flat soles. My mother has so many problem with her feet that all stem from wearing fashionable shoes in the Sixties and Seventies, corns, bunyons, deformed toes, damaged tendons, you name it, she's got it! I live my life in trainers, army boots, thick-soled sandals or wellies, depending on the weather conditions. Or my favourite, converse all-stars, which I love and recently discovered can go through the washing machine (on a cool wash)!
Heels of any height scare me!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #35594 by firensia
DarkFlights wrote:

Hm, I kinda feel out of my depth here - I've never been able to wear heels or wedge shoes, and alwasy have to weat flat soles. My mother has so many problem with her feet that all stem from wearing fashionable shoes in the Sixties and Seventies, corns, bunyons, deformed toes, damaged tendons, you name it, she's got it! I live my life in trainers, army boots, thick-soled sandals or wellies, depending on the weather conditions. Or my favourite, converse all-stars, which I love and recently discovered can go through the washing machine (on a cool wash)!
Heels of any height scare me!

Aw, that's too bad. :( I wear heels occasionally and have never had a problem. I have quite a few stiletto shoes and boots that are actually quite comfortable. Some of them are 6 inch heels, some less but yeah, they don't feel like you're walking on stilts. Apparently, the later you start wearing them, the less likely you are to develop problems. If you start at like 12 years old and wear heels everyday, you might have problems but otherwise, you'll be fine. :)

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #35596 by Envy
Oh!

I do quite love the wedge boots..

The two I found were:
and
though there is the problem with the heel and waterproofing..

I'm tempted to get one heeled pair and one flat pair. >.<! I found those boots Firensia posted up on eBay for not a bad price even with international shipping - I was wondering, do you have any experience with that brand and is it true to size?

I can't decide whether to go a size up or not..
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Envy.

More
12 years 5 months ago #35599 by firensia
Envy wrote:

Oh!

I do quite love the wedge boots..

I'm tempted to get one heeled pair and one flat pair. >.<! I found those boots Firensia posted up on eBay for not a bad price even with international shipping - I was wondering, do you have any experience with that brand and is it true to size?

I can't decide whether to go a size up or not..

I've never bought winter boots from that seller but I have bought wedge heeled shoes from them before. I usually wear US size 8 or 8.5 (UK 6 or 6.5) and I bought a US size 9 and it still fit. I would say go up a size but I don't know if these boots are from the same manufacturer as my shoes. However, as a general rule, winter boots don't really run big (especially, if they have fur all around the inside) so going up a size should be a safe bet. :)

More
12 years 5 months ago #35601 by Envy
:( Ahh..

Do you know anywhere else you can buy those boots?

Everywhere seems to be out of stock in US size 8..and that's me going up a size. :( I found a design by the same company that made the ones you posted but they're not as nice. >.<!

More
12 years 5 months ago #35626 by firensia
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationEnvy wrote:

:( Ahh..

Do you know anywhere else you can buy those boots?

Everywhere seems to be out of stock in US size 8..and that's me going up a size. :( I found a design by the same company that made the ones you posted but they're not as nice. >.<!

I really haven't seen them anywhere else unfortunately. However, that seller is always listing new shoes so maybe they do have the boots you want in size 8 but they just haven't relisted it yet. They usually have multiple quantities but list them auction style individually. I found these two listed in size 8:

Not sure which one you mean to buy. Is it the first pic I posted in the previous post? Anyway, I'll keep browsing the net, if I find anything, I'll let ya know. :)

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds