Show Navigation Menu

Shoes, Boots and Footwear in General.

More
12 years 6 months ago #35580 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Fur on the inside to keep you warm or just outside for looks?

Either way I don't really have any idea for good gothic winter boots. The usual gothic brands are pricey enough as it is, and in my opinion, they produce shoes more for the looks then for their function.
I'm sure you could find some nice boots which would be suitable to a gothic look also in some mainstream store, just need to search.

I'm probably going to buy some plain furry boots too this season as I'm sick of wearing double socks and still having cold feet during winter. Screw looks, I don't like freezing. :(

Furry on the outside for looks. :P I wouldn't mind fur on inside either! But I tend to wear bedsocks during winter (started doing that a year or two ago and it's made a huge difference) so I don't have much of a problem with cold feet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #35582 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Furry on the outside for looks. :P I wouldn't mind fur on inside either! But I tend to wear bedsocks during winter (started doing that a year or two ago and it's made a huge difference) so I don't have much of a problem with cold feet.

Oh, I so don't like fur on the outside. :woohoo:

I have bedsocks :silly: they're fine when the weather isn't too cold, but they don't really work for me when I'm a lot outside... :(

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #35586 by firensia
I have to get new winter boots as well. Last year, I had the most gorgeous pair with buckles on the sides but they started to peel. Guess they weren't too water resistant in three feet of snow. I would like to get something like this:

Warning: Spoiler!

Or this:

But those are suede and are definitely not waterproof. A couple years ago, Walmart used to have boots that were similar to the first picture but in water resistant material so I may have to go out there this week and see if I can find anything. It's probably better for me to buy in store than order something online anyway. Sizing in winter boots is always an issue for me. Sometimes I go up a size or sometimes I have to go up 2 sizes.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by firensia.

More
12 years 6 months ago #35588 by black_magnolia
firensia wrote:

I have to get new winter boots as well. Last year, I had the most gorgeous pair with buckles on the sides but they started to peel. Guess they weren't too water resistant in three feet of snow. I would like to get something like this:

Or this:

But those are suede and are definitely not waterproof. A couple years ago, Walmart used to have boots that were similar to the first picture but in water resistant material so I may have to go out there this week and see if I can find anything. It's probably better for me to buy in store than order something online anyway. Sizing in winter boots is always an issue for me. Sometimes I go up a size or sometimes I have to go up 2 sizes.

oh, those are gorgeous! I was in fact thinking about something like that for myself. Don't think I'll manage to find such wedge-style ones, but who knows. :)

And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 6 months ago #35589 by firensia
black_magnolia wrote:

oh, those are gorgeous! I was in fact thinking about something like that for myself. Don't think I'll manage to find such wedge-style ones, but who knows. :)

Yeah, I love wedges but I'll have to try them on first to see if I can navigate icy sidewalks in them. Don't want to be like \"Look! I'm three inches taller while I'm falling!\" :lol:

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 6 months ago #35591 by black_magnolia
firensia wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

Yeah, I love wedges but I'll have to try them on first to see if I can navigate icy sidewalks in them. Don't want to be like \"Look! I'm three inches taller while I'm falling!\" :lol:

Oh, You're right! :silly: I think I won't even bother with wedges or heels and just buy some flat ones. I already have a pair of pretty warm winter boots with a heel, so I think flat ones would be a better investment now. :)

And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.314 seconds