Show Navigation Menu

Sweets

More
13 years 4 months ago #28844 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Sweets
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

Uh..What's a crostata?

A crostata is an Italian baked dessert tart, and a form of pie. It is traditionally prepared by folding the edges of the dough over the top of the jam/marmalade filling, creating a more \"rough\" look, rather than a uniform, circular shape. The jams that are traditionally used as a filling are cherries, peaches, apricots, berries. The crostata can also be filled with pieces of fresh fruit and pastry cream (crema pasticcera), but then it is called torta di frutta. A typical central Italian variety replaces jam with ricotta mixed with sugar, cocoa or pieces of chocolate and anisetta; this is called crostata di ricotta.

Ahh right. Thanks. ^.^

I thought it must be some kind of sweet tart, but the mention of pasta confused me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28899 by ondespumeggianti
Replied by ondespumeggianti on topic Re: Sweets
ahaha, ok, sorry, don't know how to explain specific sweet terms in english!
i can't find no were!!

More
13 years 4 months ago #28903 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Sweets
ondespumeggianti wrote:

ahaha, ok, sorry, don't know how to explain specific sweet terms in english!
i can't find no were!!

Don't worry, tiramisu is also tiramisu in English, there isn't any other word for crostata (tart is a very wide name for a baked good), so if you're not sure/don't know the name in English, write it in Italian and maybe describe it a bit. It's easy to google most stuff and everyone is welcome to ask if they don't know. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28915 by Envy
Well. My little brother and I just made a lot of orange and lemon cookies. VItamin C...Winter..It's all good. :woohoo:

Don't know if I mentioned, but I tried a bit of a 'Twinkie' the other day. Most disgusting thing I've ever had. I couldn't stomach the whole thing.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28918 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Sweets
Envy wrote:

Don't know if I mentioned, but I tried a bit of a 'Twinkie' the other day. Most disgusting thing I've ever had. I couldn't stomach the whole thing.

Ugh, I googled Twinkies and they look yucky on the pictures so I can imagine how disgusting they are. :S

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #28924 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

Ugh, I googled Twinkies and they look yucky on the pictures so I can imagine how disgusting they are. :S

Yeah..I got curious, because it looked just like a cake bar. The 'cream' inside is artificial stuff though. Blah. It's got the texture of..Thick plastic-banana-mush, and the taste of..Something slightly lemony-sour. Ugh. After a small bite I gave up on it. Gross.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Envy.

Time to create page: 0.462 seconds