Show Navigation Menu

Sweets

More
14 years 2 months ago #11866 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Sweets
I do love salt water taffy too, especially from Dolle's in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. Yum. Can't wait for summer to get some more...

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #11867 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Sweets
Still - no one's explained what salt water taffy is! :(

More
14 years 2 months ago #11870 by scootiebee
It is very sticky, chewy candy that is flavored (it isn't really made with salt water), but sweet and often fruit or mint flavored. check out www.dolles.com to see their flavors. it is just very stretchy, chewy sweet candy, and in the Eastern U.S. it is usually associated with a beach vacation. yum.

More
14 years 2 months ago #11874 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Sweets
:laugh: Aha! I think I know of a similar type of sweet in the UK..Might have to go and find some 'salt water taffy' when I'm in the US, just to settle my curiosity.

Usually, a 'stick of rock' is associated with the beach in England - Looks similar to the salt water taffy pictures, but in no way is it chewy!

Probably possible for a child to break their milk-teeth on it.

More
14 years 2 months ago #11891 by scootiebee
We have hard stick candy here too, in lots of flavors, but it is kind of like a lollipop texture. Salt water taffy is the texture of a firm caramel candy, stretches like silly putty if you pull on it, and will remove fillings from your teeth. But it is soft, yummy, and good.

More
14 years 2 months ago #11907 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Re:Sweets
Envy wrote:

:laugh: Aha! I think I know of a similar type of sweet in the UK..Might have to go and find some 'salt water taffy' when I'm in the US, just to settle my curiosity.

Usually, a 'stick of rock' is associated with the beach in England - Looks similar to the salt water taffy pictures, but in no way is it chewy!

Probably possible for a child to break their milk-teeth on it.

Hammer recommended for rock it's not called rock for nothing :laugh:

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds