Show Navigation Menu

ALCHEMY & METAL HAMMER COMPETITION!!!

More
12 years 7 months ago #34777 by Envy
firensia wrote:

Finally submitted my entry. Wasn't my original design since I thought that would have been too detailed. I swear, I must have redesigned my entry 10 times and was still second-guessing but I figure initial instinct is usually right so I went for it. :) I'm quite satisfied with the result. Would love to win. Does anyone know when the results will be announced? Don't remember seeing anything about that in the Terms and Conditions.

Hm..No idea actually..

But good luck! I'm still working on mine. :woohoo: Sort of hit a wall and am starting to wonder if some parts are too detailed etc..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #34781 by black_magnolia
Ah, I still haven't drawn up my design... :S Think I'll pass up on this competition if I don't have a streak of inspiration any time soon like today. Tomorrow is like the last day to submit the design. :(

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
12 years 7 months ago #34803 by Envy
Woohoo! Sent mine in. Hope I sent in the right thing. :S Hate how you don't get a chance to preview or double-check the name of the file you uploaded..

More
12 years 7 months ago #34804 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Hope I sent in the right thing. :S Hate how you don't get a chance to preview or double-check the name of the file you uploaded..

I agree with that!
I also feared at some moments that the site will crash becasue it was loading very slowly when I was uploading/submitting... :S

Well, I did have a nice streak of inspiration yesterday, so I've also submitted a design. ;)

So how many forum members have submitted? Just the 3 of us?

btw. Firensia, getting back to your question about when are the results going to be announced - no idea really. I think they won't announce them just like that, but we'll know about the winner when they make the pendant and launch it into sale or something along those line. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 7 months ago #34805 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

Hope I sent in the right thing. :S Hate how you don't get a chance to preview or double-check the name of the file you uploaded..

I agree with that!
I also feared at some moments that the site will crash becasue it was loading very slowly when I was uploading/submitting... :S

On the contrary, I was wondering if mine was really uploaded at all! It was like..2 seconds before it gave me the okay..And it was a pretty big file in my opinion. :huh:

More
12 years 7 months ago #34806 by firensia
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

I agree with that!

Well, I did have a nice streak of inspiration yesterday, so I've also submitted a design. ;)

So how many forum members have submitted? Just the 3 of us?

btw. Firensia, getting back to your question about when are the results going to be announced - no idea really. I think they won't announce them just like that, but we'll know about the winner when they make the pendant and launch it into sale or something along those line. :silly:

My design loaded extremely quickly. I would've liked to have some sort of confirmation like a little thumbnail of the image just to be sure but I have to trust that all went well. :)
Upon re-reading the competition page, I'm thinking results/pendant won't be out until October since that is Metal Hammer's anniversary.

I have to say that the hardest part of this contest for me was the description of the idea. The inspiration for the pendant came so easily but to have to describe it was quite difficult since it just sort of sprang forth from my imagination. Luckily, I managed to find some symbolism connected with some design pieces I used and was able to write something.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds