Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

another type of game

More
13 years 5 months ago #27534 by King Pete
Replied by King Pete on topic Re:another type of game
I like playing backgammon. haven't played in ages though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #27550 by metaller
Replied by metaller on topic Re:another type of game
black_magnolia wrote:

Playing cards! I love playing two games which are pretty local to my region. (those from Italy will be more familiar with it) I usually play with my grandfather (and I played with my late great grandfather). Grandpa just takes the card deck and comes to me \"Lets play, you shuffle\". :silly:
Sometimes I'd even play it in school under a break with my classmates (or if the subject was boring, we would even play under the professors nose XD) - but that wasn't so often, just when someone had a deck with himself.
It's a pity that generally these kind of games are becoming less popular. Now when you come into a toy shop, you'll have almost more of those video games then board games on display.

do you know that showing a single type of these cards one could easily tell from what region of italy are you?

it's simple. you just have to go here it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carta_da_gioco and find the same type of card
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by metaller.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27555 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:another type of game
metaller wrote:

do you know that showing a single type of these cards one could easily tell from what region of italy are you?

it's simple. you just have to go here it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carta_da_gioco and find the same type of card

:blink: Wow..You learn something new every day!

^.^ I used to play all sorts of Chinese card games with my family..They're brilliant, haha. My family are very naturally competitive as well, so you can imagine how we all become during family gatherings on Boxing Day every year..

More
13 years 5 months ago #27556 by black_magnolia
metaller wrote:

I knew that, but I'm not from Italy (or either of my family for that matter). :P Trieste is just close to my country and there is that history of an occupation in the last century...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds