Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

another type of game

More
14 years 5 months ago #8952 by anastasia13
Replied by anastasia13 on topic Re:another type of game
solitaire, mahjong, monopoly, and trivial pursuit.

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20675 by Serpenvicis
Replied by Serpenvicis on topic Re:another type of game
I play chess, cards even more . I like chess because it is actually a battle on one board. Some people despise chess, probably because you need to have at least little brain to play it.

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23266 by Rjoker0413
Replied by Rjoker0413 on topic Re:another type of game
Chess is a great game ,i've played mail and email with people from all of ther world and made some awsome freinds. Some of whom unless we are playing chess we can barley communicate due to language barriers but that makes it so awsome thatwe can still connect with each other.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23270 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:another type of game
Rjoker0413 wrote:

Chess is a great game ,i've played mail and email with people from all of ther world and made some awsome freinds. Some of whom unless we are playing chess we can barley communicate due to language barriers but that makes it so awsome thatwe can still connect with each other.

A very interesting point. I've heard the same thing be said about music - If you can read music, it's a universal 'language' and it allows you to create music with people from all over the world, even if none of you can speak the same tongue.

@anastasia13:

What do you mean when you say you play mahjong? The matching game?

I get confused because mahjong appears to have taken on a whole new format when it's been introduced to the Western world as I know it. Whenever we buy electronic mahjong games, they always seem to be pair-up/matching games..The original mahjong was a gambling game with 2-4 players and is quite complex to explain, but my family gather together and play it every Boxing Day, with the adults on one table betting money and the younger ones on another table bettings sweets or anything that's lying around. :woohoo: It's quite commonly played amongst the elders when you go to Hong Kong - They set up little hideaway sheds/dens where anyone can drop in and fill in one of the 2-4 places (if there are any spaces) and just bet. They're often at it around the clock, too. :S

More
13 years 9 months ago #23348 by Malkie
Replied by Malkie on topic Re:another type of game
Hello world

I used to play chess with my old man, and i did play alot of solitare when i had nothing better to do but i don't even bother now, heck back in my old pre 186 days i played battle chess :) nothing else like a game where the pieces would batte each other.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26570 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:another type of game
I play many types of games... boardgames, cards, poker and I don't know what else. Played Yatsy with a friend and his mom. I ended up being 12 points from full score... I had more then them both together.

That's the fun with playing regular games and not something like videogames and cardgames like Magic or Dominion. Because those regular games I win most of the time... :blush:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds