Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

another type of game

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #7912 by Zenith
another type of game was created by Zenith
Ok, I see a lot of topics and even a category about computer games but I guess it does no harm including my little topic here :whistle: Do any of you enjoy \"old-fashioned\" games like chess, playing cards or similar things? If so, name me some. I recently received as a gift a puzzle with 1000 pieces and now I'm having a hard time solving it but I love it. I even took some days off from school to do it, I've become obsessed! :cheer:

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Zenith.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #7913 by vampirelycanthrope13
Playing cards, dominos, pool, darts, table football, air hockey, shove hapenny and many others.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #7919 by black_magnolia
Playing cards! I love playing two games which are pretty local to my region. (those from Italy will be more familiar with it) I usually play with my grandfather (and I played with my late great grandfather). Grandpa just takes the card deck and comes to me \"Lets play, you shuffle\". :silly:
Sometimes I'd even play it in school under a break with my classmates (or if the subject was boring, we would even play under the professors nose XD) - but that wasn't so often, just when someone had a deck with himself.
It's a pity that generally these kind of games are becoming less popular. Now when you come into a toy shop, you'll have almost more of those video games then board games on display.

Here is an image of the cards, so you can picture them in your mind:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
14 years 4 months ago #7925 by Slayer002
Replied by Slayer002 on topic Re:another type of game
chess every now and then
not really a fan of card games..

More
14 years 4 months ago #7943 by PlatoWalking
Does a poker run count? You know you start at a bar and draw a card (or cards if your playing several hands) every body gets on their motorcycles and takes off to another bar where you draw another car, you repeat until you have five cards (one card for each hand at five stops). The best hand wins, some times they also have something for lowest hand lol They have some runs where you roll the dice. Poker runs are a lot of fun, i have been to a few that was about 200 miles long.

More
14 years 4 months ago #7960 by SkieShauphen
I absolutely love the old board and card games. I don't think any new game on a machine is any better than the originals. Hell, chess has been played for hundreds of years while Halo has been played around 8 years and people have gotten bored with it so which one do YOU think is better?

Meaning comes from within.

Time to create page: 0.305 seconds