Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

MMORPGs

More
14 years 5 months ago #5714 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:MMORPGs
Polaristhe2 wrote:

there are far simpler way to do the same. Like, asking. Try it sometimes.

Ok. Got it, smarty-pants! :P Will do it next time. Just don't ruin my mood now. ;)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #5717 by trykster
Replied by trykster on topic Re:MMORPGs
i highly suggest you try Lord of the Rings Online. the community there is way nicer and more civilized. most of them are ages 20+ though, naturally, you will encounter the little 14 year olds haha :p BUT if ur a fan of lord of the rings then this is def your choice! :) :)

~Luis

More
14 years 3 months ago #10135 by malefic
Replied by malefic on topic Re:MMORPGs
World of warcraft is the best mmorpg, and not just that i say that but every gaming magazine sad so. Name me one mmorpg better then wow and i can insure you that is way worse.

More
14 years 3 months ago #10158 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:MMORPGs
malefic wrote:

World of warcraft is the best mmorpg, and not just that i say that but every gaming magazine sad so. Name me one mmorpg better then wow and i can insure you that is way worse.

Clearly depends what you believe is good. If you want a clean game, with no little buggers or big, unreachable things, then another game may be to choose. Or if you want better graphics... or another type of story, if you don't like elves and so on...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 2 months ago #11650 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:MMORPGs
There is a lot os MMO's out there, I got bored with WoW (but unfortunately it seems that it is the best out there) and now am playing League of Legends (that is the new DOTA) and Cabal, but I would recommend Requiem for all the MMO lovers out there, it's weird, cool and fun :D But my computer snaps when I play it.

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 2 months ago #12011 by Keseluk
Replied by Keseluk on topic Re:MMORPGs
I've played many MMOs over nine years, most recently I played \"Aion\", I despise anime and the Korean elements (no offence) such as armor with ruffles and high pitch screaming. Anime lovers should try it out, it has better graphics than WoW, many holes in the plot, much like WoW and at a certain part of the game after \"Ascension\" much of the game is aerial-based, flying around on floating chunks of rock, fighting in the sky, etc. Some people who got sick of WoW played it and would say it was waaaaaay better than WoW, they quit after one month complaining about this and that, they just said Aion was better because it was new, the MEDIA said it was the best chance at taking WoW's #1 MMO spot and lots of people blindly agreed.

World of Warcraft, more mature than Aion, blood and guts etc. Overall, a great game, lot's of people hate it because of the MEDIA talking shit about it and gives people the image that WoW players are fat adolescents living in their mother's basements for the rest of their lives (or until they die of a heart attack from a power outage). Whatever, I played WoW for four years and I've just been accepted in an acting in film and TV college course. The MEDIA bases its commentary on the strongest downside of WoW; PVP, WoW is a PVP (player versus player) game and nobody likes it when they get killed in the game by a very high level player who just wants to screw with the lower level players and make their game hell for them. This is where the MEDIA comes in and takes the rumors that these higher level players are just fat twelve-year-olds in the basement thinking they are so cool and powerful for beating up a low level player.

Tabula Rasa, very sad this game was shut down, won best sci-fi MMO award but it didn't last, people of course said WoW was too good for Tabula Rasa, except fantasy and Sci-fi shouldn't be compared. Tabula Rasa had a great potential in getting more publicity than WoW if only a few elements were present. Tabula Rasa was a gun based combat game, the downside is that all you have to do was point at a target and push the lock target button then hold down the trigger. Tabula Rasa had the big bangs, the flashes, the plot to make a fortune, (the music was lame) if only it had some of the elements from Fallen Earth, a new post-apocalyptic MMO such as real aiming as well as better transportation and dungeons/instances that could not be done alone, I wouldn't be surprized to see a Tabula Rasa commercial or a headline in a newpaper.

Fallen Earth, a new MMO with great combat for a gun-based MMO, great armor styles, amazing transportation, ATVs, horses, dirtbikes, dune buggies but unfortunatly the fun stops there, everything it just a desert, I played for quite a while and havn't found any leveled cities which would've made my day, just empty desert, ammo is freaking expensive as hell as you have to buy it from an auction where the higher level players decide the price, the characters run like they got a stick shoved up their ass and the graphics are terrible.

A lot of people base their opinion with the media, the media doesn't ever give a damn about anything, they just want to get their big payout from breeding contempt. Course there are some small parts of the media like a gamer's magazine that may say one thing, though critics only post negative reports overall when it comes to MMOs, I once read in a gamer's magazine, the critic would say good and bad things about a new MMO, small good things and big bad things, generally making a negative report and would defend WoW, the report said that the graphics were \"poor and has no imagination\". The graphics were better than WoW and in his comparison, Wow's graphics were never mentioned.

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds