Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

Magic: The Gathering

More
13 years 1 month ago #30686 by King Pete
Replied by King Pete on topic Re: Magic: The Gathering
yes, basic lands are playable from any set, my milling deck has a chinese 4th edition island in it. In fact, all cards from any set is still playable, as long as it is in a set that is legal in the format. for instance, since trinket mage was re printed in scars of mirrodin, the original mirrodin version can be used in standard tournaments.

and i have to agree metaller, the mirrans losing would be a shame, as i hate playing phyrexian because it is pretty much limited to infect. i can see the third set seeing nicol bolas involved, since he sent tezzeret there to observe things. My guess is that he's waiting for both sides to grow weak so he can claim mirrodin for himself, possibly forcing mirrans to join forces with phyrexia to try and stop him, could see mirrans with infect, or phyrexians with battle cry, which could be interesting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #30692 by metaller
Replied by metaller on topic Re: Magic: The Gathering
I don't think that the old Bolas will show up himself. I've read the book \"Test of metal\" wich gave me some advices on the scars of mirrodin set. Bolas doesn't love to do the dirty work personally, he sent Tezzeret (with some extra help in his head) probably to stop phirexians in any way possible. I'm sure he won't help them because he was forced to flee from dominaria into grixis during the time spiral block to escape the biggest phirexian invasion ever (and suvive an eventual explosion of the plan itself). so I can't even immagine a near allmighty vengeful elder dragon aiding phirexians. but I think that Tezzeret is not so willing to aid Mirrans because he is forced to go to mirrodin. my opinion is that Tezzeret will fight phirexia individually or he will forge some short alliances with the other planeswalkers currently traveling across mirrodin. I can assume that because the story is greatly influenced by the work of the developers of the blocks so reading the books can give you serious advices even in deckbuilding.

anyway the whole destiny of mirrodin depends on who will get the hands on karn first. if the mirran faction releases him before phirexians finish the corruption of his mind mirrodin will be safe. if the lords of phirexia conquers karn's mind the war will be lost.
I personally wil use my myr deck to slay all phirexian decks within my sight but I hope the developers don't do anything funny

More
13 years 1 month ago #30727 by iHauntTheSepulchre
King Pete wrote:

yes, basic lands are playable from any set, my milling deck has a chinese 4th edition island in it. In fact, all cards from any set is still playable, as long as it is in a set that is legal in the format. for instance, since trinket mage was re printed in scars of mirrodin, the original mirrodin version can be used in standard tournaments.

Thanks for that - I also found the card catalogue of the M:TG website, so now I'll be able to keep track of what in and what's out. It's a real pity I don't know anyone who plays because otherwise I'd seriously consider beginning to play.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 1 month ago #30944 by CorpseQueen
I'm a supporter of Phyrexia, and I see that I don't have many like.minded around here... :P Not that I really got a deck, not that I really play the new sets, but that's mostly because I don't got money. Just lost my second job, and I'm happy to be able to pay the rent next month...

Still, I like Phyrexia the most. They're just so much more interesting, with prolifirate and infect and the like. I'd like the idea of none of the winning tho, as I wouldn't see a world all in steel, but neither it covered with poison... but the last would still be the better of the two ;)

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #31052 by metaller
Replied by metaller on topic Re: Magic: The Gathering
do you know that the \"recreate the world in steel\" thing is just a metaphor that the mirrans use to say that the entire plane will be purged and will become like Karn wanted it in the beginning. A world without imperfections where all of the inhabitants can live without fearing war. and even if phirexia wins the blane is already made of metal... what will actually change? ok... it would become a new phirexia and the horrors would start destroying worlds like when Yawgmoth was alive like if Urza hasn't made a favour to the multiverse destroying the first phirexia. Karn itself would be corrupted and become something like the evincar of rath. so I can't really se the point in cheering for phirexians. if mirrans win phirexia could die forever. unless they manage to spread the oil in another less wary plane or if another segment of time opens. and that will be great! (not the time opening but the destruction of the creeps)

oh... and there is something odd about the myr... if someone remembers them they were nearly useless, weak and docile in the original mirrodin. now they are gathering in an almost independent army making great combos for the mirrans and cheap infecters or proliferators for phirexia. but if you go to the mirrodin site and keep an eye on them you'll notice that they act strangely like if something controlled them. it probably is Karn for he is the father of the machines and Myr are constructed to obey him. but the huge army of them that is fighting phirexia could be a sign that he is not totally under the praetors's control. there is hope for mirrans
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by metaller.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32295 by King Pete
Replied by King Pete on topic Re: Magic: The Gathering
I'm building another new deck to replace my white green life gain deck, which infect has made useless (i remember recently losing a game with 156 life). it's based on a combo of triskelion, primal cocoon and phyresis, should be quite good :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds