RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

Magic: The Gathering

More
13 years 4 months ago #27836 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Magic: The Gathering
Decided to treat myself to this:

www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.a...mtg/daily/arcana/464

For my birthday. :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #28203 by metaller
Replied by metaller on topic Re: Magic: The Gathering
I tried archenemy with some of my friends, if you have something like the basic deck they give you it's quite impossible to win as the archenemy. but if you have a well built and tought deck you can beat any number of enemies in a blink so i don't think it's so good at all. I overtook all of my enemies at the 7th turn almost without losing life. too easy. I personally prefere something like a two headed giant for the multiplayer.

More
13 years 3 months ago #28358 by Malkie
Replied by Malkie on topic Re: Magic: The Gathering
Hello world

I love magic, well i did but then 2 problems ONE i never got to get any good at it and 2 it costs a fortune, you get a deck done and then its illegal.

Scary part is i saw on ebay an entire block of mirrodin cards go for 30 bucks... i wish i had bid on it haha

More
13 years 3 months ago #28364 by King Pete
Replied by King Pete on topic Re: Magic: The Gathering
I see your point, i still have a lot of older decks that i wish i could still play. I have a snow deck from the coldsnap set going that runs brilliantly, but i never get a chance to play it anymore. the current deck i run in FNM is still legal for about a year, so i'm ok for now. i'm 29 cards short of owning a full coldsnap set, but i can't find the cards i need to complete it

More
13 years 3 months ago #28373 by iHauntTheSepulchre
What do you both mean by \"illegal\"? How could a deck become illegal once finished? (Keep in mind I don't actually play Magic, but I love the artwork.)

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 3 months ago #28377 by King Pete
Replied by King Pete on topic Re: Magic: The Gathering
when referring to being \"legal\" and \"illegal\" we are reffering to tournament format. you get 3 main formats: standard, extended and vintage. standard only allows the newest 2 blocks, and the newest core set to be played. extended has the newest 5 blocks, and 2 core sets that can be played, and vintage allows all of the cards ever released to be played. for example, a deck that uses the shards of alara block is now legal in extended and vintage, but illegal in standard. hope this helps :laugh:

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds