Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

Magic: The Gathering

More
14 years 4 months ago #9156 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Magic: The Gathering
I started playing at the beginning of this year - Little brother needed someone to play with and as per usual, I'm the one who's there. :woohoo:

Started collecting due to the pretty artwork though - It's the case with most of my stuff. :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #14753 by octoberRust
Replied by octoberRust on topic Re:Magic: The Gathering
My friends and I are Magic the Gathering junkies. We've played in tournaments and actually have take up residence in local Barnes & Nobles until closing time and had games in the cafe area where people watched up. The comic book stores actually got so used to us playing, when they'd see us coming in they'd clear some tables and began having tournaments there and bringing their own decks. At one tournament we actually played a 3 on 3 game and coined it the three-headed hydra (after the 2 on 2 \"two-headed giant\" games). I also loved the comments of \"A girl that plays magic?!\". I was like a movie star :P But yeah, I love that game. :blush:

The autumn air thickly fills my lungs so sweetly;
Reminds me of her smoky breath.
With wine and this bouquet of maple and oak leaves,

In death or life, we'll always be.

More
14 years 1 month ago #14892 by Kyle87
Replied by Kyle87 on topic Re:Magic: The Gathering
Not played Magic unfortunately.. no1 to play against so haven't bought a deck yet...though got a shop near me that holds tournys might buy a deck and go there...and lose lol

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #15255 by iHauntTheSepulchre
I have heard of Magic but I can never find anywhere that sells the cards...

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by iHauntTheSepulchre. Reason: Spelling error.

More
14 years 1 month ago #15257 by fastjam06
Replied by fastjam06 on topic Re:Magic: The Gathering
Played years ago but sold my cards when I got out of the military, needed money, and haven't gotten back into it.

Someday you'll understand what posesses me.

More
14 years 1 month ago #15261 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Magic: The Gathering
octoberRust wrote:

My friends and I are Magic the Gathering junkies. We've played in tournaments and actually have take up residence in local Barnes & Nobles until closing time and had games in the cafe area where people watched up. The comic book stores actually got so used to us playing, when they'd see us coming in they'd clear some tables and began having tournaments there and bringing their own decks. At one tournament we actually played a 3 on 3 game and coined it the three-headed hydra (after the 2 on 2 \"two-headed giant\" games). I also loved the comments of \"A girl that plays magic?!\". I was like a movie star :P But yeah, I love that game. :blush:

I've been playing Magic for a year or two now, and never got that reaction... tho many people (even the occational mother waiting for their little buy) have been giving me very strange looks...
Tho last time I was about to play a match at my local (and only) place for Magic-playing, I had to dig into my bag and put my Halo-book on the table. A guy then told me \"You're a very different kind of girl\". Which I take as a compliment :blush:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Time to create page: 0.298 seconds