Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

Magic: The Gathering

More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #32298 by metaller
Replied by metaller on topic Re: Magic: The Gathering
well... my myr deck made infect useless... it can copy any creature you kill at an infinite amount... so you can face something like infinite platinum imperion... btw did you know who won the war on mirrodin... in case you haven't heard it yet it was phyrexia... this makes me VERY disappointed with wizards... I won't buy a card from the innistrad block and even the block next to it... wizards doesn't deserve my cash for what it done to it's best creation...

a deck like the one you are trying to create is quite good but it can't win in enough time because of the big amount of mana required to make it work... that could be a useful side tactic... if you want to create a quick deck I suggest you to make something like 4x khalni gem 4x soliton 4x myr weilder 2x triskelion 2x steel overseer... then some trinket mages or something similar to find the material in the first turns... if you are able to think properly you'll se that you have an infinite mana + infinite counter + infinite damage combo... I assure you that in a properly made deck it's an easy appliable combo.

p.s.
you have to add some \"draw a card then discard a card\" or you'll take too much time and will need too much luck to win.
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by metaller.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #32302 by Dragovar
Replied by Dragovar on topic Re: Magic: The Gathering
metaller wrote:

btw did you know who won the war on mirrodin... in case you haven't heard it yet it was phyrexia... this makes me VERY disappointed with wizards... I won't buy a card from the innistrad block and even the block next to it... wizards doesn't deserve my cash for what it done to it's best creation...

Well, maybe I disagree a little on that, it was expeted that Phyrexia would win, that means more story line for... 2 or 3 more blocks, and of course more products, because many of us who have played Magic since almost the very begginings became quite shocked that phyrexia would return,
I know we do not share the same enthusiasm about what happened to mirrodin, but well... they decided like that...
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by Dragovar.

More
13 years 1 week ago #32305 by metaller
Replied by metaller on topic Re: Magic: The Gathering
just because they decided like that it doesn't mean I can't be disappointed with them and theyr decision... I've never been so happy of something happened in MTG storyline than when phyrexia was destroyed, and theyr return in a plane like mirrodin was something that made me sick

More
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #32309 by King Pete
Replied by King Pete on topic Re: Magic: The Gathering
the deck i'm building is going to be green/black. the green has a lot of mana ramp in it, and there's gunna be a fair bit of proliferate, and small defensive creatures like myr sire and reassembling skeleton. add plaguemaw beast with the reassembling skeleton and you can proliferate at least once every turn by returning the skeleton at the end of your opponants turn. i know it's going to be slow, but i like slow decks, or decks with other loopholes in them, as it gets me thinking more about what i do. i think it's boring going into a game, knowing that you are guaranteed a win

I can see your point with phyrexia winning, i was rather dissapointed too. but by looking at the cards that have been leaked, it looks like they're doing a lot more than just infect and proliferate. at least phyrexia isn't just a one trick pony this time. plus, with the set still having 10% mirran cards in it, theres a chance of a return to mirrodin later on with mirrodin pure once they rise up and get rid of phyrexia again. I think phyrexia was always going to make a comeback, because it was so popular when it was around before, it's just a shame they had to ruin mirrodin

EDIT: my deck is now going green/blue, making use of treasure/trinket mages, and using bounce and counter for defence. also adding a basilisk collar and blade of the bloodecheif for my triskelion, which means i can kill creatures for free
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by King Pete.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32864 by King Pete
Replied by King Pete on topic Re: Magic: The Gathering
went to a new phyrexia pre release today, and managed to get a sword of war and peace and a vorinclex, voice of hunger

built myself a new white/black/green infect deck

More
12 years 11 months ago #32928 by diEoxidE
Replied by diEoxidE on topic Re: Magic: The Gathering
Got too expensive so stopped playing but it's recently been revived in the country.
I used to be a rules adviser as well so need to get my ranking back.

Do You Derive From The Chaos Of My Mind?

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds