Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

duke nukem forever

More
12 years 11 months ago #32613 by King Pete
duke nukem forever was created by King Pete
duke nukem forever finally has a release date of 10th june this year. does anyone still actually care, or is it too late after 12 years? i'm actually thinking of getting it to see what's so special that it took that long to develop

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32615 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: duke nukem forever
Seems to be a decent amount of hype over it - I've heard endless Duke Nukem related jokes and all sorts lately.. :S So yeah! I would think people do care.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32618 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re: duke nukem forever
It already had a release date, it just got delayed by a month for more polish. (Was supposed to be around May 4th for North America, 6th Worldwide)

Everything being said, I'm looking forward to it when I eventually get it however, I know what to expect. A lot of crude humour, likely some sexism and strippers.

Oh, and for everyone OUTSIDE North America, the date is June 14th.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32620 by King Pete
Replied by King Pete on topic Re: duke nukem forever
i'm still looking forward to it actually, i liked the earlier ones. and from the clips i've seen, it does look good

More
12 years 11 months ago #32621 by black_magnolia
No hype what so ever here. :woohoo: (The only game-related hype I've noticed now is about 'Portal 2')

Personally, I'm not looking forward to it because I don't like shooter games, so I would never even consider buying it.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32644 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re: duke nukem forever
To be honest, it really seems to be a male-oriented game anyway so I don't see it really appealing to many females.

Just a lot of the humour seems to be aimed more towards males. Even then you've got lesbian scenes, \"Capture the Babe\" mode and so on.

For a game such as this, I expected a lot of hype, it's been what? 12 years since it was announced? Only reason I know about it is because I follow Kotaku quite often.

Yet...Here we are just over a month til it is due to be released and no hype whatsoever. It's Duke Nukem, it's bound to sell well for people who want the nostalgia trip and those who will likely be introduced to Duke for the first time.

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds