Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

World of Darkness

More
14 years 6 months ago #2869 by Polaristhe2
Replied by Polaristhe2 on topic Re:World of Darkness
Well great. I just lost a fat post I was writing due to a system crash. So I'll really keep it short. If you like it you can look it up, or even better ask me about it via personal message or by a post and I'll be more than happy to answer all of your questions.

Wiki has to say the following (since I lost the will to live after losing my precious post) \"Vampire: The Masquerade is the most popular of the WOD series. (others are Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Mage: The Ascension, Wraith: The Oblivion, Changeling: The Dreaming, Hunter: The Reckoning, Mummy: The Resurrection, Kindred of the East and Demon: The Fallen) Vampire: The Masquerade was the first of White Wolf Game Studio's World of Darkness live-action and role-playing games, based on the Storyteller System and centered around vampires in a modern Gothic-Punk world.
Vampire is based on the Storyteller System. In addition to the general Storyteller rules, it uses a number of specific mechanics aimed towards simulating the vampiric existence. A vampire has a blood pool signifying the amount of human blood or vitae currently in their body; this blood can be spent to power abilities and perform supernatural tricks. These tricks simulate many of those portrayed on film, such as turning into animals or mist, sleeping in the ground or having unnatural charisma and powers of suggestion.

Close to the central theme of the game is the Humanity mechanic. Each vampire has a Humanity score, measuring how closely in touch with his human nature the vampire is; as it decreases, the vampire becomes more susceptible to his Beast, the feral side of the vampiric soul that is driven entirely by rage and hunger. Brutal, immoral actions risk lowering a vampire's Humanity score.\"

Game mechanics set aside, the story is really where it all happens. Vampires or kindred are divided into clans and sects. Clans are nothing more than bloodlines with certain qualities passed on from sire to childe. These qualities are blessings and curses, since every vampire clan in general has almost exclusive capabilities and exclusive flaws. Clan Malkavian for an instance, have extraordinary mental capabilities, spaning from visions, precognitive capabilities, seeing things that are hidden from plain sight, seeing the past events or even seeing a dislocated present. Their flaw is that they are all insane. Incureably. Derangements and behaviours can go from homocidal to catatonic. The other seperation is that of sects. There are 3 major and two lesser (more accurately, less exposed.) Three major are the camarilla, anarch and sabbath, while the two lesser are the inconnu and the independants. They each lead their own politics, and of course wage war on each other.

That's about all I had the will to rewrite. But I'm open to any questions whatsoever on the subject.

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #2875 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:World of Darkness
I hear about Vampire: The Masquerade from time to time. Sounds interesting, but I can't do everything, and what I got atm seems to be too much, at least now when I'm where I am... not sure how to put it in english, but it's hectic, and the only thing alike this kind of study is a whole-time job.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds