Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

Second Life

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #17987 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Second Life
I don't really want to try and play, kind of fearing I might get drawn into it a bit much since I have time to look around as much as the sparrow has time to look at a truck hitting him, and since it is not free (and let's face it most of great games are free now) I see no need to get into it....

But if I were in highschool I get I would be in it almost always :P

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #17988 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:Second Life
Ah, I see what it is now. It looks similar to other games I play...I play too many already, so I don't think I should get caught up in this. I get yelled at enough for hogging the computer already... :P

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #18124 by Axel
Replied by Axel on topic Re:Second Life
Diablesseska wrote:

I heard a lot about this game. I don't feel like I need a second life so i did'nt try it. But i guess its funny if your dream is to be a rockstar or something else because you could try it.. But a virtual feeling is not enought for me.

I'm wondering if its the game that CNN was talking about last month? A Corean couple was addicted to this kind of game. They had a baby in the real life and in the virtual life. The real baby died stearving!! Because the were to busy to take care of their virtual life and baby!!

I heard about that story. :angry:

I like these better:

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/ar...24.html?hpid=topnews

Because they don't talk crap about Second Life,and i reported that story of the Korean couple on CNN to a Second Life newspaper,so i bet soon it will get comments from people angry about the story.

More
14 years 1 week ago #18308 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Second Life
Axel wrote:

Diablesseska wrote:

I heard a lot about this game. I don't feel like I need a second life so i did'nt try it. But i guess its funny if your dream is to be a rockstar or something else because you could try it.. But a virtual feeling is not enought for me.

I'm wondering if its the game that CNN was talking about last month? A Corean couple was addicted to this kind of game. They had a baby in the real life and in the virtual life. The real baby died stearving!! Because the were to busy to take care of their virtual life and baby!!

Ahh..I haven't heard that. The one I heard was where a couple got divorced because the husband was cheating on his wife with another woman on Second Life.

More
14 years 6 days ago - 14 years 6 days ago #18680 by Axel
Replied by Axel on topic Re:Second Life
Envy wrote:

Axel wrote:

Diablesseska wrote:

Ahh..I haven't heard that. The one I heard was where a couple got divorced because the husband was cheating on his wife with another woman on Second Life.

Yeah,there are those kind of people in Second life,i also heard universities use Second Life. The biggest threat to Second Life IMHO are the Lindens,because they ruin the server so you lose your no copy inventory,write new code, borking any servers for vendors you have making many customers mad and IMing you,and making new features while not fixing existing bugs all the while reminding you \"Your world,Your imagination....crap!

Also a video i made on Youtube.

Last edit: 14 years 6 days ago by Axel.

More
14 years 6 days ago #18688 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Second Life
Axel wrote:

Yeah,there are those kind of people in Second life,i also heard universities use Second Life. The biggest threat to Second Life IMHO are the Lindens,because they ruin the server so you lose your no copy inventory,write new code, borking any servers for vendors you have making many customers mad and IMing you,and making new features while not fixing existing bugs all the while reminding you \"Your world,Your imagination....crap!

Can anyone translate the above?

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds