Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Lip Service Clothing

More
12 years 11 months ago #33068 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Phases.
black_magnolia wrote:

I think I'm getting myself into a Lip Service phase. I've been searching ebay for some good deals, but no luck yet. I'm currently watching a dress which is priced at $60 + $26 shipping. Ah, if it wasn't for the pricey p&p costs... :(

lol I am currently going through the same phase. Lip Service is one of my favorite gothic clothing brands and at the moment, I seem to be buying every Lippy skirt or dress that I can get my hands on. I find eBay to be a bit expensive when it comes to this brand though. It's cheaper to buy from a webstore. That way, even if you buy more than one item, they will combine the shipping so the costs are reduced.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #33078 by black_magnolia
I've been looking at an Exit to Eden dress (images in the spoiler). :(

Warning: Spoiler!

I'm still not sure about the sizing, therefore I'm just watching. I bid on only one Lippy top in the past, because the picture was of the item in my size, so I thought it would be big enough and the lacing on the back meant that I had also some leverage...

I think I need a XXL because Lippy cloths run a size small, but I fear a Lippy XXL would end up small now either way. I really don't know which size I need now at all. :S
I have really no experiance with Lippy cloths in person. The few times I saw in a shop that stocked Lippy stuff, I just avoided the items because everything that they had was XS or S, so browsing them would just make me depressive... :(

I don't really feel to comfortable buying something that expensive now when I'm not sure about the size.
I'm still in the process of loosing weight, so if the dress ends up a bit small now, it would probably fit me in the future because I'm still some 10kg away from my desired weight.
But even if I lost the weight, with my height, it means I'd just go down by one clothing size. :huh:
Once upon a time, not that long ago, I had my \"ideal\" weight, so I know there won't be any drastic clothing size changes when I get back there.

The problem is more that I like the stuff and I know how they don't make masses of it so I fear that when I'll be finally able to order something without too much of worries, then all the designs I like will be gone.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #33079 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Lip Service Clothing
Browsing through Lippy items also makes me depressive! I think it's because most common sizes needed = Size 8-10 or 10-12, which comes out at a M-L in Lippy sizes, at least in the UK, meaning all the S and XS are left! Argh! Frustrating as all the size Ms tend to be first to go and that's my size. :(

You must seriously be a stick to wear XS in Lippy sizes..I think it comes out as a UK size 4-6 equivalent..And UK 6 = US size 0 I think..

I know exactly how you feel though - Already some of my old Lippy items are a tiny bit too small for me. :huh: Stupid exam fat..I'm just avoiding buying items that 'I'll maybe fit into once I lose weight' because of the price. >.< But I know lots of women use that kind of thing as motivation to lose weight. :P

You could always buy something a size up and then alter it once you reach your ideal weight? Though depends how easy the dress is to shrink a little.

It was a pain to find out my initial size in Lip Service stuff..I remember having to send dresses back and forth because I didn't realise things ran a size small back then..
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Envy.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33083 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Lip Service Clothing
From my experience with Lippy clothes, I find their dresses/tops tend to run a bit small, whereas their skirts/pants are usually a bit big or true to size. I usually wear a size S in bottoms but for dresses, I usually need a Small or a Medium depending on the fabric. Some items are adjustable though so maybe people that wear XS aren't necessarily the anorexic looking models we see in magazines.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 10 months ago #33095 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Lip Service Clothing
firensia wrote:

From my experience with Lippy clothes, I find their dresses/tops tend to run a bit small, whereas their skirts/pants are usually a bit big or true to size. I usually wear a size S in bottoms but for dresses, I usually need a Small or a Medium depending on the fabric. Some items are adjustable though so maybe people that wear XS aren't necessarily the anorexic looking models we see in magazines.

Oh that's interesting..When I think about it, I've only ever bought Lippy tops and dresses!

I find it hard to get skirts/jeans etc. to fit as it is as my size seems to vary wildly depending on brand, which explains my reluctance to buy any bottoms and why in general I have so many tops and so very few bottoms to go with them! Don't even want to imagine me and attempting to buy Lippy bottoms..

More
12 years 10 months ago #33123 by black_magnolia
Making something smaller wouldn't be a problem, but I'm just too scared that it will end up to small forever wither way. (maybe I'm just too paranoid)

The shipping charges for something out of the USA are so expensive, so when I look at the official Lippy site, it would seem the best to just spend $250 and get free international shipping, but I know I'll get taxed for those items, so that means paying like 32% of the total price on top...
Doesn't really end up too affordable. If I only had someone in the USA to whom I could ship the stuff and then pick it up on a visit to the states, but that's expensive too. Damn! :(

btw. Lippy is giving a 10% discount on their official webstore because they reached 20 000 facebook likes. Just use the code FB20K at checkout before 11:59 PM (Pacific) Sunday (5/22). The discount is just for completed orders so the code is not valid for preorders.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.291 seconds