Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

The Veil between Us and Them

More
14 years 6 months ago #5048 by Polaristhe2
Maybe I took the story a little out of context... But I believe it's the best time for all of us to remember the ones that have passed away.

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5142 by anastasia13
I like that Polaris- The leaves fall from the trees...the ground covered.. a time to say goodbye in rememberance. I do agree. I feel closer to my grandmother on holloween, I don't think she is in a bad place, but I sense her...more on Halloween.

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5182 by RavenDarkmoon
anastasia13 wrote:

Do ya'll think that the veil to the underworld or hell is closer to us on Holloween? or is it really that close to us all year round, but we choose to only think that it is one day that its closer? Just wondering, been reading about the Salem Witch Trials, London Tower, and other stories....

Halloween is the time of the year we have been told is the best time to contact spirits.
Some where this tradition/information and have placed it in the back or our minds. There for we tend to bring it up around this time of year.
You get people putting energy/thoughts into something it more likely going to be so.
I personally think its possible any time it just the question of focus.
The power of the mind, add in believing in the heart...You be amazed what can get done...

More
14 years 6 months ago #5248 by cemwerewolf
Very well put Raven! I often feel as though I'm very much in touch with the spirits of those who have passed (I could give details but the explanations are somewhat lengthy and I wouldn't want to bore you) But do feel a stronger connection aroung Halloween time. As someone who is always digging through books of lore and tradition I do believe that the old beliefs are deeply entrenched in my mind and that, more than anything else, causes this feeling.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5326 by Morgana
I feel that the veil is thinner around Samhain as well. Now, I'm not sure whether that's actually true, or if it's just the power of suggestion from the media, literature, and Nature herself. Whatever the reason, my Samhain rituals always involve remembrance of those who have passed over.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5369 by StephenG
Anyone can fall closer anytime, any place... the notion is stronger at this time of year because of traditions and temporal changes<my opinion

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds