Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Would you really want to be immortal?

More
12 years 4 months ago #36694 by snow.wulf
I would like to be immortal, but only if I could sleep for years at a time when things become stagnant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #36695 by Envy
I would love to be immortal.

As a person I love trying new things (even if it takes a push, a few minutes thought and possibly a few drinks to get me going initially) and I've always said I wanted to see the world before I died. I always said I wanted to be the world's first immortal/bionic woman too haha!

:woohoo: *One can dream*..

Even if you lived to see everyone around you change, I'm pretty sure if you were willing to learn new things, keep up to date etc..You'd have no problem conforming to all the new knowledge and way of life. I'd adore it. To be able to see how everything progresses..

Fair enough you may end up like the Neanderthal in year 2100 or something, but imagine how ecstatic that single Neanderthal would be at viewing a television screen, using a mobile phone or watching the creation of test-tube organs or something..

More
12 years 4 months ago #36723 by ph.billy
But if you are immortal you can help change the world and seeing people die is a small price.

More
12 years 3 months ago #37242 by DaTenshi
It is actually a hard question :) but I would say yes to that ^^
I am curios how the world would change... and to analyse the behavior of \"mortals\" from an immortal point of view, what I mean is that being immortal I would have all the time in the world and to see how mortals have so few time yet they tend not to follow their dreams or to act accordingly to their time foolishly thinking that there is actually more time left. Plus meeting new generations and watch slowly the changes from the sidelines <3 I have this thirst for knowledge and how the history is being written xD

More
12 years 2 months ago #37367 by Serpenvicis
Immortality is cool thing. But I think I don't want to be immortal. First, I would have to watch my familiy and friends die and that is my worst nightmare. And after all those years, after you've done all you wanted and acomplished all you've planned I think that life would lose its charm, it would get boring. So my answer is no, I am planning to use this life as much as I can :)

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

More
12 years 2 months ago #37516 by Veszdrin
i am honestly torn on this subject. while i would love to be able to watch the passage of time and how humanity will evolve in the coming centuries, it would be very difficult to watch loved ones come and go. i think in the end an immortal life can be a lonely one but, as long as there are new people to meet and new things to do, you can always find a place where you belong surrounded by people who care about you. so i would have to say yes, i would choose an immortal life.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds